Pre-Game Talk: I Hear Boss Music - Oilers @ Lightning

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Pretty much

Luckily the 4 games after are much easier. But then there is expectation that we win all but 1 of those

But then we have CGY, Wash Tampa right after.

The reality in a lot of these games is will the opponents play good or to our level. I mean we can't keep the puck out of our net against Minny. All these clubs have scoring ability.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
We should just pretend to be the Flames. Teams will line up to give you free bingo wins because they don't give a crap. Teams typically play us hard but maybe by now they take us for granted after our troubles..Don't wake anybody up Oilers.

No no no no!!!

You're doing it wrong.

Have the Oilers pretend the OPPOSITION are the Lames so we can take their lunch money on a nightly basis

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I was actually there in 94 at Commonwealth to watch Pink Floyd's Pulse tour. Great show.

BTW when people think of Boss Music, I tend to think over-the top japanese Castlevania style.... which makes me think of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata 3rd movement played with distorted guitars:

I am jealous. Really wish I could have seen them in the late 70s.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I think a Korean dude did this with pachelbel (sp) a few years back.

I was actually there in 94 at Commonwealth to watch Pink Floyd's Pulse tour. Great show.

BTW when people think of Boss Music, I tend to think over-the top japanese Castlevania style.... which makes me think of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata 3rd movement played with distorted guitars:

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018

I was there as well, still have the concert shirt but I’ll be damned if I could squeeze into it now.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Not sure if this is a controversial opinion or not, but David Gilmour is a WAY better singer and performer than Roger Waters, so when we saw the live performance in 94, it was way better than the album version IMHO.

The Pulse tour was the best Floyd tour from what I have seen and heard.
Gilmour is the best. Roger waters was the brains but not the performer.
I was lucky to see both at different times.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Tonight will be a big test. After last game's debacle, it could really tell us if this team has developed some push back with the new coaches, or if they are still the team that loses big and then goes on a losing streak.

They seemed to have been able to do that early in the season until it completely went off the rails. They had also been generally good at stopping losing streaks the last two years at one or two games with only a couple exceptions (Toronto last year and the pre-Christmas slump in 2019).

Let's hope they are back at it with renewed focussed. All that said, they could play good games over the next three and still lose most or all of them considering the opponent. I'm really looking forward to seeing if they can muster up some points here.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Tonight will be a big test. After last game's debacle, it could really tell us if this team has developed some push back with the new coaches, or if they are still the team that loses big and then goes on a losing streak.
I don't even know that I'd be disappointed if they lose tonight. It's not like this team is never going to have a bad stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad