Pre-Game Talk: I Hear Boss Music - Oilers @ Lightning

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Lightning will have a week of rest...hopefully they come out rusty and not rested ;-)
Seems to be a sure bet of a high scoring affair...or maybe not with Vasi in net.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Hope for a blowout so Holland is compelled to address his goaltending conundrum? Is Holland somehow benefiting from ignoring the position... some sort of shenanigans, wizardry or 4d chess? Money in money out. What up with that?

Reactions: Macheteops

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Does that douche-nugget Lucic and Kassian tried to kill in front of 15000 witnesses still play for them?

It'll be interesting to see how the team responds after the ass kicking they took the other night.

@BertMcDrai I'm more worried about our guys coming out not hungover as f*** lol.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
This game is already living rent free in my head. I fully expect to lose because it’s Tampa. However if we get our ass handed to us back to back my mind goes to the honeymoon is over thought and we are back to Tippet territory. If we win I’ll be ecstatic and believe we actually do have a good team and we have officially made a step towards our goal.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
This game is already living rent free in my head. I fully expect to lose because it’s Tampa. However if we get our ass handed to us back to back my mind goes to the honeymoon is over thought and we are back to Tippet territory. If we win I’ll be ecstatic and believe we actually do have a good team and we have officially made a step towards our goal.
We are missing some key pieces. Too many rookies but who knows.
Keith Kassian and Puljujarvi especially make a huge difference.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Does that douche-nugget Lucic and Kassian tried to kill in front of 15000 witnesses still play for them?

It'll be interesting to see how the team responds after the ass kicking they took the other night.

@BertMcDrai I'm more worried about our guys coming out not hungover as f*** lol.
You're obviously right...but a man can dream and hope.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
We are missing some key pieces. Too many rookies but who knows.
Keith Kassian and Puljujarvi especially make a huge difference.

Agreed on the other 2 players, Kassian needs to be much better under Woodcroft for me to include him in that list. The problem is that when he returns his timing and game conditioning will be out of sorts.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You're obviously right...but a man can dream and hope.

Yeah I was kind of wondering who's plan it was for the team to fly to Florida, days before the game. I mean theres a lot else to do there other than focus on hockey, just saying.

Maybe this was a carrot of some sort. Not sure how its going to play out.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Let the shit storm commence. But seriously. I hope we win this
upload_2022-2-22_11-31-24.gif

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Extra day off so they should have got at least one good practice in. Travelled early so that today can be all about preparation for the game (or the day off to regenerate on the beach). Tampa coming off their second 8+ day break in the last three weeks, they could come out a little flat allowing the Oilers to maybe take at least a point.

If today is their regeneration day, it also allows for 2 good practice days on Thursday and Friday in preparation for the weekend's back to back, and though people like to talk about Edmonton's bad matinee record it's actually been fairly strong over the last three season. I believe Edmonton's matinee record issues are vastly overstated when you consider most of their matinees are also road games and they have been a pretty bad team for about 20 of the last 30 years.

I feel good that they can squeeze at least 1 win out of these three games and hopefully a loser point in one of the others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad