OT: I have a request on behalf of my father

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
This weekend a national team tournament known as Channel One Cup took place as a part of Euro Hockey Tour, which is basically a glorified set of friendly matches for traditional European top 4 to try out new players before the Worlds take place. Dad Vengeance is a hockey fan (unsurprisingly) and watched some of the matches.

And here is the thing, on Saturday match Russia vs Czech Republic, Russia won in the shootout. Russia won the shootout by a lone goal in the first round. The question is if the goal happened.

And my father asks, through me, you, good people of forum 26, about your unbiased opinion.

Here is the footage of only accessible angle of the goal, the goal was not challenged in any form during the match itself.

PLEASE AND THANK YOU, VENGEANCE.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
From a physics standpoint, I can't see any possibility for the puck to go in and bounce out like that.

Unless Russia also defeated laws of impulse and momentum.
They can't. Authorative sources tell us hockey is a momentum game.

Reactions: Unsustainable

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
This weekend a national team tournament known as Channel One Cup took place as a part of Euro Hockey Tour, which is basically a glorified set of friendly matches for traditional European top 4 to try out new players before the Worlds take place. Dad Vengeance is a hockey fan (unsurprisingly) and watched some of the matches.

And here is the thing, on Saturday match Russia vs Czech Republic, Russia won in the shootout. Russia won the shootout by a lone goal in the first round. The question is if the goal happened.

And my father asks, through me, you, good people of forum 26, about your unbiased opinion.

Here is the footage of only accessible angle of the goal, the goal was not challenged in any form during the match itself.

PLEASE AND THANK YOU, VENGEANCE.

blocked in Canuckistan, but obviously your father is wise and outrageously successful, despite all the societal forces galvanizing to persecute him every day

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
blocked in Canuckistan, but obviously your father is wise and outrageously successful, despite all the societal forces galvanizing to persecute him every day

YOUR REPLY CONFUSES ME.

(I GET THE SNARK, BUT I DON’T GET ITS ESSENCE)

Defeat isn't the problem, it's the absence of people caring about truth. It might have been in and if video was used it would have been proved beyond doubt.

Last edited:

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
YOUR REPLY CONFUSES ME.

Defeat isn't the problem, it's the absence of people caring about truth. It might have been in and if video was used it would have been proved beyond doubt.
no essence, just a silly little quip about the apple not falling far from the tree and that sort of thing

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
"Video blocked in your country on copyright grounds"

**** off with that horse****.
+1

It doesn't even make any commercial sense. Do they fear someone in Murica/Canuckstan is going to start a business selling that clip on back alleys and rip them off? Or do they think having it as a global free for all, like your usual youtube vid, is somehow going to eat into their broadcasting revenue from Euro Hockey Tour '19 that ended already? One's mind boggles.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Maybe the European broadcasters think that people would use the freely available NA proxies to watch the content outside their own domestic services, and the broadcasting rights seller obliges.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
They can't. Authorative sources tell us hockey is a momentum game.
Momentum is trending down in UK and that's a distant future hockey country, so we must be careful.

As far as the basics, personally I prefer ether vortices to quantum physics, but I admit I'm no expert on the latter. Why, I have hands full reconciling the obvious flat earth and the trendy 3D (usually spherical) world models into a highly practical and reasonable cubical earth theory.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Momentum is trending down in UK and that's a distant future hockey country, so we must be careful.

As far as the basics, personally I prefer ether vortices to quantum physics, but I admit I'm no expert on the latter. Why, I have hands full reconciling the obvious flat earth and the trendy 3D (usually spherical) world models into a highly practical and reasonable cubical earth theory.

I COULD SEND YOU THE NATIONAL TV LINK, BUT I KNOW THAT THE SITE DOESN’T WORK IN NA FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE.

NOT TO MENTION, THE LAYOUT OF THE PAGE IS IDIOTIC AND ONE CAN’T SHARE ONLY THE VIDEO OF SAID GOAL.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Maybe the European broadcasters think that people would use the freely available NA proxies to watch the content outside their own domestic services, and the broadcasting rights seller obliges.
Yes but so much later? Are they really selling the old views successfully? They should put a sell-by date on them and then just liberate the obsolete content. (I realize I'm using "they" rather freely.)

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I COULD SEND YOU THE NATIONAL TV LINK, BUT I KNOW THAT THE SITE DOESN’T WORK IN NA FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE.

NOT TO MENTION, THE LAYOUT OF THE PAGE IS IDIOTIC AND ONE CAN’T SHARE ONLY THE VIDEO OF SAID GOAL.
On a related note, one lovely source of NHL game highlights without any added BS, dtmts.com, has gone a notch down in quality. Maybe it's NHL's publishing team's fault rather, but the clips recently include an infuriating play button symbol smack in the center of the screen, all too often obfuscating exactly the player or puck you want to see. (This on a desktop computer where you don't finger the screen unless you have issues.) Leads one to believe there really are people without brains, in non-trivial jobs too.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
no essence, just a silly little quip about the apple not falling far from the tree and that sort of thing
By the way, if you have an apple tree you're caring, you can replace a branch with one from a pear tree (with the proper tree-gardening procedure) and your apple tree will happily produce also pears in the mix from then on.

Just a practical apple gardening detail, no iffy philosophical baggage intended. I was blown away when I learned that. (Unfortunately, no garden, let alone apple tree groves. Downtown city man.)

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
YOUR REPLY CONFUSES ME.

Forgot to say, Season's Greetings to Dad Vengeance. Must be something as formidable as Father Christmas in heathen Britain where they no more believe in Santa Claus from Finland. (In the good old days they sent Concordes full of gullible sarariman to our Lapland to experience Santa's workshop and it was kind of embarrassing for everybody. Good local business though.) I shudder to think how Dad V would address the forum, if the son is necessarily merely all capitals. It would probably involve bolding, excessive font size, and additional thunderous audio, and that would be the friendly jovial tone.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Yes but so much later? Are they really selling the old views successfully? They should put a sell-by date on them and then just liberate the obsolete content. (I realize I'm using "they" rather freely.)
They post it online and then completely forget about it from thereon, and especially won't use work hours to tweak the viewing rights afterwards.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Forgot to say, Season's Greetings to Dad Vengeance. Must be something as formidable as Father Christmas in heathen Britain where they no more believe in Santa Claus from Finland. (In the good old days they sent Concordes full of gullible sarariman to our Lapland to experience Santa's workshop and it was kind of embarrassing for everybody. Good local business though.) I shudder to think how Dad V would address the forum, if the son is necessarily merely all capitals. It would probably involve bolding, excessive font size, and additional thunderous audio, and that would be the friendly jovial tone.

SEASON’S GREETINGS TO YOU AS WELL.

TRUTH TO BE TOLD, My Dad is big, calm type of person. Kinda helps being almost 2 metres and having 110 kg.

I got the height, but I AM SKELETAL.

THAT ALWAYS... translated in sports. Ironically, I am a grit player.

BECAUSE IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT ONE LOOKS LIKE, IF ONE FIGHTS FOR EVERY BALL POSSESSION, IF ONE SCRAMBLES FOR EVERY BLOCK, THEY SHALL KNOW ONE MEANS f***ING BUSINESS.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad