I give up on the following...

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I give up on the following:

Michel Therrien
I defended his hiring after a good bunch of this board bashed the living hell out of his past shortcomings. Up until earlier this season, I continued to point out his overall record, his coaching the team to 1st in their division as a first-year(back) coach, his decision to keep Galchenyuk and Gallagher with the team (although, that decision was made WITH Bergevin). No more. I can't stand the ice time management, I can't stand the benchings, I can't stand his attitude towards losses (i.e., "one shot away", "we did a lot of things right"). You can do a lot of things right in losses, have a losing season and fail to make the playoffs. Then how much did those "right things" amount to. The thing that is wrong is Therrien's overall attitude behind the bench. I give up on him and his smug self.

Rene Bourque
He has no intelligence on the ice, plays with no heart and acts like a chicken ****.
"If I only had a brain, a heart, some courage" You'd be an NHL'er then, ya goof.

This is how I feel.

Therrien is the biggest issue. (Briere on the 4th with little minutes....I wonder what Bergevin thinks about this)

And Bourque has a very poor and lazy attitude. The most useless hockey player the Habs have had in a long time, including Gomez.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...I'm almost at the point in my Hate of Therrien where I'm going to post something distrurbing & regrettable...Bergevin needs to fire him at the end of the year and that's all there is to it...let that useless Gionta leave with him and sit Bork in the stands until we can get a bag of pucks for his useless arse somewhere...:rant:

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I agree with most of your comments about MT and i've also given him the benefit of the doubt in the past. Where he seems, to me, to have his biggest failing is "in game" adjustments when plan A isn't working. I don't mean tinkering with the lines but an actual system adjustment eg. if dump an chase isn't working try something else.

That's actually a good point.

Not only in game adjustments like change in system to get the team going but also what players he leans more on.

- I've seen Briere have two goal games or multi-point games and yet in overtime, he is nowhere to be seen and is treated like a fourth liner.

-I've seen Subban get benched for a mistake, then thrown out on the PP while down a goal AND SCORE, then benched again once they hit OT.

-I've seen MT play the "play not to lose" card in OT, icing Gio and Plecky to protect the tie and make it to the shoot-out.

AcadiaAxeMan

Mar 10, 2002
Grande Prairie, AB
Visit site
agreed

Moen is a 4th liner who's paid 1.85M. He's worth every dime of that contract this year

...he is on our 1st PK with Plecks and is reliable on any line as a non-defensive liability. He sticks up for his teammates and is worth 10X Rene Bourque! We always want a player like him and now that we have him, we need to get rid of him and don't appreciate what he brings ... fickle fans!

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
That's actually a good point.

Not only in game adjustments like change in system to get the team going but also what players he leans more on.

- I've seen Briere have two goal games or multi-point games and yet in overtime, he is nowhere to be seen and is treated like a fourth liner.

-I've seen Subban get benched for a mistake, then thrown out on the PP while down a goal AND SCORE, then benched again once they hit OT.

-I've seen MT play the "play not to lose" card in OT, icing Gio and Plecky to protect the tie and make it to the shoot-out.

my personal favorite is when the Habs play defending/trap hockey when they are down by 2 or 3 goals.

TheRooster

Dec 31, 2013
Montreal
I actually really like Moen's play this year, compared to last. Last year he didn't seem motivated at all on the 4th line, wheareas this year he's sound defensively, on the PK, and generally has good positioning. He plays with more heart this year, stands up for his teammates, and creates a scoring chance every once in a while.

However, with 10 bottom six players at the moment, if I'm not mistaken, I'm not sure if he'll have a spot next year. I'd still try to keep him to be honest but we'll see...

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
I have no idea why people have a problem with Moen....err..he's the least of our problems. Not even top 10 problem on this team.

MJN79

Nov 21, 2008
I agree with the above posters, I find Moen valuable, plays well on the PK and when you need to protect a lead late in the game, I have confidence in him.

Bourque is really bad, he just can't score anymore and hopefully is gone next year.

Eller has really disappointed me, he was great at the end of last year, key injury in the playoffs, started the year off very well and now just looks lost out there. We can put part of the blame on Therrien but Eller has a lot of work to do. His offensive flair is gone. I would strongly consider packaging him in the offseason if he doesn't find his game.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
I actually really like Moen's play this year, compared to last. Last year he didn't seem motivated at all on the 4th line, wheareas this year he's sound defensively, on the PK, and generally has good positioning. He plays with more heart this year, stands up for his teammates, and creates a scoring chance every once in a while.

However, with 10 bottom six players at the moment, if I'm not mistaken, I'm not sure if he'll have a spot next year. I'd still try to keep him to be honest but we'll see...

There will be a spot for him on the 4th line with Prust, that's for sure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad