I give up on the following...

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
Desharnais: Everytime we play a bigger team, this guy disappears. Yes he's our #1 center.

Oh he doesnt disappear; he just looks absolutely very very tiny and totally inconsequential..

(Wich is a lot like disappearing if you think about it so yeah, i guess youre right...)

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
eller doesnt know how to take a hit. wouldnt be surprised if he has a short career, he always puts himself in vulnerable positions

I may be in the minority here, but I've given up on Eller. He's too fragile for my licking. Teams have figured out if you get physical with him he disappears.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I'm beyond tired of Bourque. I have never hated a player this much. A part of me felt bad for Gomez but I don't feel sorry for this bum at all. He's shown he can take over games physically but that lazy **** never does it :shakehead I gave him the benefit of the doubt at the start of the season since him and Plek were our best players in the playoffs but enough is enough. I'm tired of that floater. He can go play in Wheeling for all I care.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
Why is DD mentionned in a thread like this? The guy has been our most creative player all year :shakehead

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
A few things I cant stand:

I can't believe we are one of the top teams with Goals Allowed (GA). Our defence is quite shaky I find and Emelin can really be bad. Our defence is really overrated and Beauieu needs to be back. Weaver isn't impressing me so far. I think Price is way too good.

The unproductive veterans. I think its time to realize that Bourque, Gionta, Briere are really poison to this team. Let's reunite them on the 3rd and 4th line, at least they would provide depht. I think we should move Briere up with Plek and GIonta and put Vanek with DD.

Budaj needs to be better. He has a record of 8-6, that's awful. As a backup, you need to step it up and when your number one goaltender is injured, we expect results.

It's time we stop shuffling lines I hope MT finds the right combos. Getting back to playing east will be good.
Winning records are pretty terrible aren't they? :shakehead

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I won't hate on any player as long as MT is coach. 90% of the roster has regressed. The man does not know how to exploit talent. He can instill a work ethic, but it's useless when the players are playing in a system (or lack thereof) which doesn't showcase each players individual skill.

Finnhabs

Mar 8, 2014
Turku, Finland
Imo Briere has been one of our better veteran forward given the icetime and chances by Therrien vs the production he is doing. Dunno what Therrien has against Briere, but he deserves more than he is currently gettin. I would put him instead of Gionta and create the chemistry he has allrdy proven with Vanek in Buffalo.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
I think we missed our opportunity to move Eller for a good return early in the season. I was a big fan of his when he was acquired and thought if developed properly he could be that big C we've been wanting. I don't think MT has given him the right opportunities to succeed and develop into an offensive C but at the same time I question whether he gives a **** anymore with MT coaching. A new location could be good for his career.

habitue*

Imo Briere has been one of our better veteran forward given the icetime and chances by Therrien vs the production he is doing. Dunno what Therrien has against Briere, but he deserves more than he is currently gettin. I would put him instead of Gionta and create the chemistry he has allrdy proven with Vanek in Buffalo.

MT has way too much respect for Gionta. The guy should play on a third line at best, and no more tyan 14-15 minutes a night.

And Bourque should be in the stands or on waivers next game.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Why is DD mentionned in a thread like this? The guy has been our most creative player all year :shakehead

Just watch carefully. When DD plays against teams that uses speed like Carolina, Pitsburgh, New York, Detroit etc he excels. When he plays against teams that are built for the playoffs, by that I mean physical teams like Toronto, Boston, LA, SJ the guy is a no show. If he wants to be the next Martin St Louis, who shows up regardless of the size, then DD needs to step it up. The same problem we had with Gomez and Kostitsyn, the don't step up against bigger teams.

Finnhabs

Mar 8, 2014
Turku, Finland
Ya, I don't know why anyone would complain about Moen right now.

One goal in 58 games and three goals in the last 108 games that include last year plus five games in playoffs. Almost 2mil wage, 4th liner who plays 2nd line sometimes. Im not that happy to have him atm with his current play.

habitue*

Just watch carefully. When DD plays against teams that uses speed like Carolina, Pitsburgh, New York, Detroit etc he excels. When he plays against teams that are built for the playoffs, by that I mean physical teams like Toronto, Boston, LA, SJ the guy is a no show. If he wants to be the next Martin St Louis, who shows up regardless of the size, then DD needs to step it up. The same problem we had with Gomez and Kostitsyn, the don't step up against bigger teams.

Gomez and AK were about half a foot taller than DD.

habitue*

One goal in 58 games and three goals in the last 108 games that include last year plus five games in playoffs. Almost 2mil wage, 4th liner who plays 2nd line sometimes. Im not that happy to have him atm with his current play.

He is still a reliable 4th liner who can play on pk. Good enough for me.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
This.

But it's not the only reason.

Don't think the gryba hit factors into this. Eller started the season great. Came in stronger than ever. He looks like he just doesn't give a **** and has no confidence. He's the 2nd or 3rd best stick handler on the team and he just loses pucks now for no reason. I don't think players just forget how to hockey like that. Especially not when there's enough context regarding his usage that supports the theory that he wasn't exactly helped along very much to begin with.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013

loll? Are you serious?

Moen's job is not to score goals, I thought everybody knew that, guess I was wrong.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009

!st pairing PK guy thats amongst the best in the league
responsible. drops them when he has to
Yup, he sucks LOL
Learn the game its more than just stats

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
I'd fire Therrien before doing anything you said.

This...

I don't want to have a knee jerk reaction to a few bad games but I have to wonder about his effectiveness and his decision making. Last nights PP at the end of the 2nd was very confusing. If I'm MB or Molson I have to wonder out loud why, with a PP with 2 minutes remaining in the period, he puts out Galchenyuk, BRIERE and RENE "I don't give a ****" BOURQUE.... for the first 90 seconds of it.... didn't we just sign Vanek... to score goals .... yes he got PP time, but situational awareness tells me that we want to score early on that PP and you need to put players on the ice that have a/ played together ... b/ shown they can actually score.

Clearly he's not going to be fired with 20 games left in the season... but can't they call him into the office and let him know how ****ing stupid that is.... Bourque on anything but the 4th line makes no sense and even then we have probably 2-3 players who can play that role better. Thanks PG... moron

I'm still not a DD fan but at least he's putting up some numbers.

Eller is being mismanaged to the point of harassment. He clearly has no confidence left in his game.

Finnhabs

Mar 8, 2014
Turku, Finland

Except if you watch carefully you also notice that he is usually the guy that goes to the net besides Gallagher and the lines biggest guy is the perimeter guy which is quite funny. Most goals that are made by DD are in front of the net, tip ins, rebounds etc. He is also one of our speedy players with quite nice movement, should shoot more and challenge the defencemen than he is currently doin for not to be so predictable. Cause he has tools for it.
Btw, 15.05% shootin percentage in 299 nhl games, not too bad.

Istvan

Nov 17, 2003
SoCal
Visit site
I thought Eller was playing great before the Gryba hit in the playoffs last year. I don't think he's over that yet.

He was playing very well on the EGG line and it looked as if he had gotten over the Gryba hit. His play went downhill when Gallagher was taken off the line to ignite Pacioretty and Deharnais. I also think he has a bit of an identity crisis as to what his role is. He's still young, has plenty of talent and i'd prefer to keep him than move him as others have suggested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad