OT: The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Fiancé and I received a plate from our registry that was beyond beaten up and shattered in the box. The replacement item delivered today was in a box in worse condition and shattered even worse. Is the boxer at fault for horrible packaging? Or the handler, who can’t seem to get me a package without going Ace Ventura and f***ing dribbling it?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Wayne Rooney didn't get the memo that MLS is a retirement league.

Just a massive effort.

DC scum: most vile team in the world. Greatest Empire Supporters Club song EVER:

Your mayor smoked crack,
Your mayor smoked crack,
Hey ho DC you blow,
Your mayor smoked crack!!!

As an aside can we get this sung at KBA when we play the Leafs only inserting Toronto for DC?

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Within 2 hours of each other:

Coach lets me know my 7 year old son made the Squirts travel team

15 year old daughter asks me to sit outside hot topic as she gets school clothes.

Ugh.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think I’ve posted more from the BWI concourse than any other airport. Here I am again, waiting.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Not having to wake up for work until 30 minutes after you used to already be at work, at your previous job is amazing. Especially when you factor in that I get out of work an hour earlier than I used to as well.

Reactions: Chainshot

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Got rear ended on Wednesday. Thankfully nobody was hurt. We'll see what happens, but I'm currently anticipated a 2-3 month wait for parts to fix the car :ha:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Got rear ended on Wednesday. Thankfully nobody was hurt. We'll see what happens, but I'm currently anticipated a 2-3 month wait for parts to fix the car :ha:

If you have a Tesla, that was about as long as a friend had to wait after his bumper got ripped off when someone tried to park next to him when he and his wife were out to dinner.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Called for jury duty. Standing in line to see if being a full time student who starts classes Wednesday gets me postponed.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Called for jury duty. Standing in line to see if being a full time student who starts classes Wednesday gets me postponed.

My only experience using that rationale was when I was summoned back home and I was in school in the opposite corner of NY State.

For some reason, I was unwilling to drive 6 hours each way, every day, for jury duty...

Reactions: Chainshot

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
For some reason, I was unwilling to drive 6 hours each way, every day, for jury duty...
Not sure what jurisdiction your jury duty was for, or if they all work similarly... but I was recently a juror myself and if the commute was too long they offered to comp your expenses on a hotel room.

EDIT: Thankfully I live right down the 33 so I didn't have to.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Not sure what jurisdiction your jury duty was for, or if they all work similarly... but I was recently a juror myself and if the commute was too long they offered to comp your expenses on a hotel room.

EDIT: Thankfully I live right down the 33 so I didn't have to.

The issue was that I was registered to vote in my hometown (Jamestown, NY) and I was sent the jury duty summons during the school year when I was at Clarkson University in Potsdam, NY.

I wasn't leaving school to serve jury duty at the other end of the state.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Check out @baltimore81’s Tweet:

Got this as a birthday gift today from my friend who met Chad Ochocinco

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Daughter is off to college (Freshman) the week after Labor Day, where she won't be driving for the next couple years except when she's back home (and right now, the plan is for her to be away at school for summers too, sans automobile). This morning at the dentist she backed into a parked car (driver was still inside, I think).

Bad parking lot design: there are spots orthogonal to each other, like if you'd back out of your driveway into the street, with a row of parked cars on the other side of the street filling 1 lane of a 2 lane road. Caught him on the right rear corner bumper. Barely a scratch on his truck, you'd have to look hard to see the damage. On her car (my old beater), she managed to crease/crumple the trunk lid on the top and rear, but no damage to any of the rear lamp/light/lens assemblies (on either the trunk lid or the body, as the lenses are split assemblies on each handed side).

I did have to crowbar and hammer/mallet beat on the trunk lid to get it aligned enough to open. The cable pull release no longer works (for now), but I could get the trunk aligned enough to open and "close" it with a key. I can't bend the trunk lid panel itself to straighten it well enough to mate with the "jamb". Waiting for the next big thunderstorm to see how much rain gets into the trunk compartment (which will be quickly followed by mold and mildew). May or may not try to find a trunk lid to match at the local Pick and Pull. The car frame/jamb at the bottom of the trunk compartment "scallop" by the rear bumper is misaligned, so I'm not sure a "new" used trunk lid will do any good.

She was crying because she was embarrassed more than anything but amazingly she did let me hug her (she does not like to be touched or hugged by anyone, and really hasn't since she was in grade school).

Was hoping to get another couple years use out of the car (1999, ~116k miles, runs fine, still safe, just not pretty even before the accident), at least until she's ready & permitted to have a car at college and her brother graduates high school in 2020...
So now we'll be paying higher insurance rates for an inexperienced driver who won't actually be driving...
First world problems, I know...

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Elon will have the car keys coded safely far away from my son's hands by the time he reaches a driving age.
I'll just make sure to have the 'lame dad' os installed so that he doesn't make the vehicle to do any hod-rodding to impress the girls and his buddies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
If you have a Tesla, that was about as long as a friend had to wait after his bumper got ripped off when someone tried to park next to him when he and his wife were out to dinner.

This is the biggest problem with the car company, the time to repair. The body shop said they Model 3 parts are coming in faster than the S/X, we will see i guess.

Daughter is off to college (Freshman) the week after Labor Day, where she won't be driving for the next couple years except when she's back home (and right now, the plan is for her to be away at school for summers too, sans automobile). This morning at the dentist she backed into a parked car (driver was still inside, I think).

Bad parking lot design: there are spots orthogonal to each other, like if you'd back out of your driveway into the street, with a row of parked cars on the other side of the street filling 1 lane of a 2 lane road. Caught him on the right rear corner bumper. Barely a scratch on his truck, you'd have to look hard to see the damage. On her car (my old beater), she managed to crease/crumple the trunk lid on the top and rear, but no damage to any of the rear lamp/light/lens assemblies (on either the trunk lid or the body, as the lenses are split assemblies on each handed side).

I did have to crowbar and hammer/mallet beat on the trunk lid to get it aligned enough to open. The cable pull release no longer works (for now), but I could get the trunk aligned enough to open and "close" it with a key. I can't bend the trunk lid panel itself to straighten it well enough to mate with the "jamb". Waiting for the next big thunderstorm to see how much rain gets into the trunk compartment (which will be quickly followed by mold and mildew). May or may not try to find a trunk lid to match at the local Pick and Pull. The car frame/jamb at the bottom of the trunk compartment "scallop" by the rear bumper is misaligned, so I'm not sure a "new" used trunk lid will do any good.

She was crying because she was embarrassed more than anything but amazingly she did let me hug her (she does not like to be touched or hugged by anyone, and really hasn't since she was in grade school).

Was hoping to get another couple years use out of the car (1999, ~116k miles, runs fine, still safe, just not pretty even before the accident), at least until she's ready & permitted to have a car at college and her brother graduates high school in 2020...
So now we'll be paying higher insurance rates for an inexperienced driver who won't actually be driving...
First world problems, I know...

Man, this makes me miss my old city car. I had a 2002 Camry with 192k miles on it. Scratches down the side and dents everywhere.

Elon will have the car keys coded safely far away from my son's hands by the time he reaches a driving age.
I'll just make sure to have the 'lame dad' os installed so that he doesn't make the vehicle to do any hod-rodding to impress the girls and his buddies.

There is a speed limit mode (you can set the top speed) in my Tesla for this exact reason.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Man, this makes me miss my old city car. I had a 2002 Camry with 192k miles on it. Scratches down the side and dents everywhere.
Exactly why I still have the beater (well, that and I'm cheap). County we live in is the 2nd smallest square area in the state, but has the highest accident rate.
2.2% of the state's population in 0.3% of the square mileage. either 2nd or 3rd in population density, but #1 in insufficient infrastructure / planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad