I feel like Tampa is on the way down

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
This could be the jinx thread of the century if Tampa gets into the playoffs and Toronto falls.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
17800490_10207271545461626_1102413128776247718_n.jpg

To answer why we didn't make the playoffs this might have something to do with it..... :help::amazed::shakehead

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
(I say this as somebody who things Tampa is slightly overrated in these parts but)It's fairly stupid to say a team that barely missed the playoffs with a roster that had way to many injuries is on the way down. if they had a season like this with a healthy roster OP might have a point

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Lightning went 19-6-5 in final 30 games after sitting in last in East Feb 4.

That is with the much publicized injuries and being sellers at the TDL.

Hardly think that is a team "on the way down"

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
(I say this as somebody who things Tampa is slightly overrated in these parts but)It's fairly stupid to say a team that barely missed the playoffs with a roster that had way to many injuries is on the way down. if they had a season like this with a healthy roster OP might have a point

You don't need to agree with me I will be that guy standing alone with his opinion, just like I was when I came in here in August, told everybody the NYI would miss the playoffs, got laughed at and they did, granted they got closer than I thought they would but they missed

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
TBL will be better next year and might make OP look like a fool (and the rest of us Leafs fans by association even though the vast majority of us probably hate this thread, and even more so the pathetic bump just now)

They had terrible luck this season with injuries, they will more than likely rise not fall going forward.

tooncesmeow

May 3, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Wasnt Colorado a team that everyone was talking about just a few season ago?

2010 was just a few seasons ago? I don't think anyone was hyping up Colorado outside of the very start of the season before they combusted.

Also why make the thread now? Tampa lost its star player, its 2nd line center, traded its 3rd line center and its 4th line center and its 1b goalie and still went 15-5-2 post deadline with a top line of Palat-Point-Kucherov.

Tampa still has a top pairing of established defensemen, a very good goalie, and a lot of scoring support. Bottom 4 defense are always available around trade deadline as evidence by this year with Hainsey, Streit and Oduya getting shipped around.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
You don't need to agree with me I will be that guy standing alone with his opinion, just like I was when I came in here in August, told everybody the NYI would miss the playoffs, got laughed at and they did, granted they got closer than I thought they would but they missed

Post links to people laughing at you saying the Isles would miss please

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
2010 was just a few seasons ago? I don't think anyone was hyping up Colorado outside of the very start of the season before they combusted.

Also why make the thread now? Tampa lost its star player, its 2nd line center, traded its 3rd line center and its 4th line center and its 1b goalie and still went 15-5-2 with a top line of Palat-Point-Kucherov.

Tampa still has a top pairing of established defensemen, a very good goalie, and a lot of scoring support. Bottom 4 defense are always available around trade deadline as evidence by this year with Hainsey, Streit and Oduya getting shipped around.

Ya it's risky but I question Stamkos health now, I question if Vas is a #1

I think they lost some good players in Fuppila, Boyle and Bishop and they will lose another one in expansion

I guess we will see but I see some MAJOR question marks

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Why? Croby's injuries were related to each other, and are the type that have are more likely to reoccur, while Stamkos' were both, frankly, freak, isolated accidents that are not related. One was a bone break, one was a ligament tear. Bones aren't likely to rebreak, ligaments are fine when they are healed (especially in hockey where an injury like Stamkos' is so rare in the first place).

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Good give Stralman back to the rangers

Sorry, no give backs. :D

Strals is an excellent #2D and, even with a scary slow start to this season, is still miles ahead of the non-Hedman defensemen on our team and is deployed as a shutdown artist against the top opposition. When Garrison went down, he showed considerable versatility playing both Right Side D and Left Side D with ever changing partners as a shift required. Might not have the production numbers this year compared to the last two, but still managed to set career highs in Hits, Blocks and TOI. We'll keep him!

Stamkos is one of the most driven athletes around. There's no reason to believe that he won't be back to his old amazing self next year. In Yzerman's exit interview, Yzerman drew on his own experience as a player who had to recover from a major knee injury to reiterate that Stammer would be back and be ready to rock 'n roll next season. In Yzerman we trust!

Concerning our goal tending, most of Vasy's issues of consistency will smooth out as he gets more regular games. He's incredibly talented and very young (22) considering the amount of SCF and ECF experience he's had and now he'll get experience as the starter. I think Budaj actually makes a good solid back up for him so we'll see if we keep Budaj for next season.

Tampa has some stellar players, an incredibly deep prospect/AHL system with a bunch of kids who now have some seriously intense NHL experience (there's a reason Yzerman keeps taking so many draft prospects in trade), extra time to heal up and players who find the sting of being so damn close to making the playoffs but missing by one fricking game to be highly motivating.

Next year, we'll will be healed up and hungry. Gonna be a fun ride! :wg:

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Lightning went 19-6-5 in final 30 games after sitting in last in East Feb 4.

That is with the much publicized injuries and being sellers at the TDL.

Hardly think that is a team "on the way down"

Shh.. that doesn't fit his homer rhetoric. Or buy him his butt hurt cream over Stammer choosing Tampa over TOR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad