News Article: I don't heart Brian Wilde

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
Yes, that's my title, and it's comments like the below tweet that make it so.

CTV Montreal ‏@CTVMontreal
If you've been pining for good #NHL hockey, you'll likely have to wait until 2013-2014 if you're a #Habs fan. http://owl.li/gFfrl

I feel exactly the same. I mean he could have worded differently, because i think we'll see some good Habs games here and there. But I think the point he was trying to make was that we ain't winning diddley this year, with which i concur wholeheartedly.

Myron Gaines*

haha you're right i forgot this very important fact let's say 10-15 goals then more realistic along with 25-30 points.

It's ok, I used to forget it in the beginning too. I predict this season to have lots of unlikely top scorers for some reason.

I can see a guy like Anze Kopitar taking the art ross.

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
It's how negative he always is with our team, for better or for worse. It irks me. He's calling us a terrible team before the team's played one game.

theres a difference between negativity and being realistic. Wilde was being blunt, and realistic, just like every other reputable credible journalist.

Habs are not coming off a strong season and I don't think we will make the playoffs, if we do yipee, if not I'm not surprised. New Coach, New System, new mgmt there will be an adjustment period, just because the NHL decided to have a lockout for half a year doesn't change the fact that this team will need to acclimatize to the new regime. That will likely mean trial and error, and the loss of games that we can't afford to lose with a 48 game schedule.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
I am no longer following him on twitter!

Brian Wilde if you are reading this I hope you are proud of yourself, mister!

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
It's ok, I used to forget it in the beginning too. I predict this season to have lots of unlikely top scorers for some reason.

I can see a guy like Anze Kopitar taking the art ross.

That would be quite a feat considering he just banged up his knee and could miss the first 5-10 games of the season.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
I am no longer following him on twitter!

Brian Wilde if you are reading this I hope you are proud of yourself, mister!

It was actually the CTV's Twitter account pimping Wilde's article. I still follow both CTV and Wilde himself strictly for news.

ROEN

Writes for Habsworld
Feb 18, 2008
www.habsworld.net
It's how negative he always is with our team, for better or for worse. It irks me. He's calling us a terrible team before the team's played one game.

16422d1353121053-royce-white-prepared-leave-nba-1.jpeg

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I'm surprised at all this hatred and what a title for a thread.

I didn't even click on the link but I believe what everyone here is saying, but...Brian Wilde is always so cheerful and full of smiles (the opposite of Markov;)). I wouldn't expect Brian Wilde to be so positive 24hrs a day...and if he said something negative about the Habs it can be taken with a grain of salt since I really feel that he loves our Habs. He always seems so passionate about Les Canadiens. He should be allowed to say what he wants to say (it would be boring if all he did was say positive things over and over again... for example it would be different coming from a Leaf or Bruin fan).

And a thread titled ''I hate Markov'' would probably get a thread starter banned for life around here! So why such an ugly title for Brian Wilde. Imo, he doesn't deserve such a title for such a cheerful guy...he makes it so interesting to watch CTV sports...you can pick on Randy Tieman instead since he is only interested in football, baseball and hot dogs...he yawns when he has to talk about our Habs...never seems interested/passionate ; Brian Wilde on the other hand is so passionate about his/our Habs).

I like Brian Wilde and I am a true Hab fan:nod:.

Last edited:

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Martin was the biggest problem last year, that much is obvious. Subban, Price, Pacioretty, Plekanec and Gorges are all still there and I don't think they are below average.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
some of you are not thinking right.
Habs need a bit of time to fix the ship. Cant even buyout anybody until july. The team has some really good young core players. but is still burdened with some dead weight. MT needs to start to fix the on-ice effort. MB needs 6 months to fix the contract problems. The prospects need 6 more months to mature as least. Anybody that cant see this is blind. You dont have to tank the year. but the current team can do better.
I have a huge doubt that the habs even make the playoffs again under the current conditions. The habs just dont have the horses yet.
What we all want to see is progression. We want to see a much better effort on the ice every night, a tougher team to play against. Those that dont pull their weight get what they deserve ( unlike Martin).
One of the best deep draft years is almost here. HABS have piled up more draft picks and might even get a few more with a dump or two.
Let Timmons go CRAZY again. In just two years, Timmons would have completely rebuilt the prospect pool. MB has set things up to have the kids learn the HABS way right off in the AHL, when ready those rookies will fit in FAST and look much better right off. The truth is the truth no matter what we wish.
DO a bit better this year? sure, but no playoffs. Next year? after all the fixing? now that's a new horse.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I don't expect the team to be as bad as last year but what's wrong with a little pessimism, be nice for them to exceed everyone's expectations for once lol

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
I feel exactly the same. I mean he could have worded differently, because i think we'll see some good Habs games here and there. But I think the point he was trying to make was that we ain't winning diddley this year, with which i concur wholeheartedly.

These are my thoughts well. I fully expect a lot of good Habs games this year with the team playing with more grit and heart. Then again a lot of Habs fans don't necessarily enjoy those things. They only want 18 Alex Kovalevs. I agree this may not be a playoff team but I think they will play a good brand of hockey.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
As much as I want the Habs in the playoffs i'm hoping for another top 3 pick. Man would we finally be exciting to watch in 2-3 years from now

Habsterix*

Hate is such a strong word...

Wasn't there another thread similar to that one not long ago, likely started by the same member? :sarcasm:

cjbhab*

I don't know about you guys.. but I honestly don't think we are that bad. Yes there is a lot of question marks here.. but if certain chips fall in the right places, we will be a decent club.

Gionta scores 18-20..
Gomez is a solid checking forward that can create some energy for the team.
DD/Cole/Pac line repeats their performance
obviously good goaltending from Price.
Markov stays healthy and reverts to his former self.

various other things could happen too:
Colby Armstrong/Moen score 10 each.
Prust adds another dimension to the team
Bourque could surprise.

solid play from subban/gorges and an improvement from Emelin..

Let's hope. I myself don't see how this team is any worse than any other team we've fielded in the last 10 years.. not that our teams were good.. but we've made enough noise to get excited.

Last edited by a moderator:

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I don't know about you guys.. but I honestly don't think we are that bad. Yes there is a lot of question marks here.. but if certain chips fall in the right places, we will be a decent club.

Gionta scores 25-30..
Gomez is a solid checking forward that can create some energy for the team.
DD/Cole/Pac line repeats their performance
obviously good goaltending from Price.
Markov stays healthy and reverts to his former self.

various other things could happen too:
Colby Armstrong/Moen score 12-15 each.
Prust adds another dimension to the team
Bourque could surprise.

solid play from subban/gorges and an improvement from Emelin..

Let's hope. I myself don't see how this team is any worse than any other team we've fielded in the last 10 years.. not that our teams were good.. but we've made enough noise to get excited.

I think your expectations are a little high especially for a 48 game season. I hope your right though

cjbhab*

I think your expectations are a little high especially for a 48 game season. I hope your right though

lol.. my bad.. prorate all my numbers, I wasn't thinking 48. Either way.. if a couple guys get hot, we will be very competitive IMO.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Are you trying to say that we're not a terrible team?

Like it or not, this is the team that finished 15th in the conference, 28th overall.

That was last year. Most "experts" have said the team on the ice was better than it's record...plus a new management team coming in should also light a fire under the team.

Usually people in the media usually are a lot more conservative in their tweets.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Didn't recognize the name, no opinion if I love him or hate him. I must have seen him before, but never paid attention. But now I'm aware he exists, anyway. Thanks? :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad