Hypothetically: Shanahan vs Lucic

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Again, does that make him a coward? He shattered his nose in that fight to the heaviest handed puncher in the NHL. Is he a coward because Colton Orr, a 5 minute player asked him to fight and he accepted it? Truthfully, that fight was pretty damn even until Orr broke Lucic's face. Look at reality here a bit, bud.

Was he a coward when he went toe-to-toe with Luke Gazdic, Matt Carkner, John Erskine, Tom Sestito, Deryk Engelland, Krys Barch, Joel Rechlicz, Jay Rosehill, Jared Boll, Eric Boulton, Chris Neil? He's a superior player to all of those guys and probably has more goals than the entire group combined, or at least it has to be pretty close.

Name another 1st liner in the NHL right now with that type of fight card. You can't, so don't bother trying.

----------------
total - 208 (half are Neil!)
Lucic - 124

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Ah, typical response.

Lucic ran Laraque out of the NHL in all seriousness. Again, how is he a coward? You should be able to do better than that, not fighting Laraque makes him a coward?

Did you see how he was begging the linesmen to step in vs Orr? Very embarrassing.
Did you how he got dropped by Prout and then started whining?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Did you see how he was begging the linesmen to step in vs Orr? Very embarrassing.

two notable losses in his career so far of a power forward who plays top minutes and who has fought alot of 3 min a game goons. not too shabby in my books.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Don't want to get into this argument, but how exactly did Lucic run Laraque out of the NHL?

Laraque did it to himself for poor play. Not sure what Lucic, or any other player had to do with it.

+1

And I do not understand why he did not fight laraque. Laraque was considered the best fighter in the league, but he never really beat anyone up. He wrestled most of the time. So Lucic could easily wrestled with him.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
Shanahan would kick the Bleep out of Lucic. Lucic is a wanna be tough guy who is tough going after midgets and goalies, other then that, He's nothing

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
What class is that? Non-enforcer fighters? Then I might be inclined to agree with you. But Lucic isn't in the enforcer class. Neither was Shanny. Lucic is bigger and stronger, so Shanny would have trouble there. But Shanny was a better fighter than he's remembered for. He fought more enforcers than Lucic will ever be willing to fight (granted there aren't that many anymore)

Great post.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
I was sitting around thinking about this earlier and wanted some other opinions. Brendan Shanahan was one of the tougher, non-enforcer forwards in the league during his career. The same can be said about Lucic.

In regards to fighting, who do you think would come out on top?

Lucic would probably instigate it with a cheap shot during play...Shanny would drop the gloves and back up a bit to give Lucic time and space...Lucic would pursue, hoping to get another gloved punch in before he thought the fight should start...Shanny would drop him like a bad habit...Lucic would whine that it was not fair

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

I didn't see him "begging the linesmen", i did see him back off, though.
I did see him get dropped by Prout, but i also saw him without his gloves off.

I know the guy isn't well liked, and i know he's a bit of an idiot but the hate he gets is hilarious. The whole "he never fights tough guys" argument is stupid, too.

Guy has lost 13 fights out of 123.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad