Hypothetical: Would you take Evander Kane if it meant we also get Tomas Hertl?

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
And like any other workplace setting, people are just as prone to being petty and vindictive. We don't even what the situation is, except that he was accused of gambling, had is name unfairly dragged through the mud for weeks before finally going on the record, said he was innocent, and was cleared of any wrongdoing, only to have a new accusation laid against him. If there were indeed any issues with his "co-workers", they'd have been laid to rest long ago, as any HR department would have seen to, as opposed to allowing the summer to pass (even more time if you include the fact they didn't make the playoffs) only to have all these allegations come out in the eleventh hour, right before camp. I'm not buying any of it.
Problem with Kane is he doesn't give a shit about his teams mandates or purposes, in the end.
No HR dept in an NHL franchise has muffled or controlled or stymied his inner and outer actions for too long. I know some people in Winnipeg who were incredibly turned off by his actions as a young Jet, away from the rink. Around the city, he built a pretty large negative resume in that he constantly caused or stirred up trouble in restaurants and night clubs, often running up tabs he fully ignored and re-negged on ever paying. His reported attitude and treatment of regular humans around was probably more disturbing than a " millionaire " skipping out paying their due debt.
Anyways, I would be wary of trusting him to not raise too much kane away from the rink, in the community and hurting the teams reputation and repore.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
I asked Sharks fans whether they thought Wilson might retain cap to be rid of Kane, and one guy proposed Kane w/ 1.5 retained for Looch and a second. Fair trade imo, but I'd hate to give up Looch lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad