Speculation: Hypothetical Trades

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Crazy as it sounds, Hutton may he an upgrade over Ville Husso in STL.

Husso and Dunn for Hutton(1/2 retain) and Montour(1/2 retain). Blues are LHD heavy and we are RHD heavy

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Crazy as it sounds, Hutton may he an upgrade over Ville Husso in STL.

Husso and Dunn for Hutton(1/2 retain) and Montour(1/2 retain). Blues are LHD heavy and we are RHD heavy

So Husso is worse and we acquire him just to swap Montour and Dunn? Then what about our now-worse situation in net?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I imagine it probably would include a 1st. I'd trade Hutton, a 1st (lottery protected) and a 3rd to Vegas for Fleury. I think we'll improve next year, so the 1st might be in the 10-20 range, but let's just say I wouldn't be shocked if we are here again next year and giving up the 8th pick for a top tier goalie is acceptable. The cost might be higher than that though and I don't think I go much higher than Hutton\1st\3rd

A 1st+ for MAF

you are fired

jputt99

Nov 24, 2016
Charlotte NC
Buffalo probably does need to update the goalie situation . There's going to be a number of good choices available , but most will be during the off season . Any trades during the season will likely be only if the Sabres are in a playoff position . If this team's 5v5 production doesn't improve , we'll all be talking about next year . In any case , Adams has a limited amount of money to work with . Skinner's contract really looks burdensome now .

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Panthers fan slowly entering BUF thread with hands up....

IF in another 2-3 weeks, (6-10 games) you guys aren't doing so hot, does Eric Staal become available? Hate to ask you guys but threads may start popping up if you don't go on a 4-1-1/5-0-1 tear soon.
With you guys in a different division this year, was hoping to see both of our teams take the next step.

Again, IF he was available in 2-3 weeks, what is the asking price?
Feel he would be a solid 2C stopgap for us with Lundell waiting in the shadows.

Didn't see a trade thread on your main page so move this post elsewhere if need be MODs.

Staal and Sabres GM Kevyn Adams have history playing together in Carolina. I would be surprised if Adams moves Staal at all.

The only reasonable scenario I see is if the Sabres are sellers at the TDL and Staal OKs a trade out.

Also, the Sabres are right in the mix with 4 other teams for the 4th playoff spot in the East Division. So, it is way too early for them to pull the chute.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Staal and Sabres GM Kevyn Adams have history playing together in Carolina. I would be surprised if Adams moves Staal at all.

The only reasonable scenario I see is if the Sabres are sellers at the TDL and Staal OKs a trade out.

Also, the Sabres are right in the mix with 4 other teams for the 4th playoff spot in the East Division. So, it is way too early for them to pull the chute.
I agree re: Staal. In retrospect, Botterill never pulled the chute, preferring to wait until he was a few feet from the ground, believing he could simply jump safely from a low height.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I agree re: Staal. In retrospect, Botterill never pulled the chute, preferring to wait until he was a few feet from the ground, believing he could simply jump safely from a low height.

I think the issue with Botts approach last season is that he mis-judged how close he was to the ground and that's why the team ended up crashing out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad