Hypothetical scenario - Head Coach

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
If everything was to fall into place at the end of the 2013-14 season.

Mike Babcock gets fired, Red Wings being bottom feeders for two consecutive seasons and being unable to compete since Lidstrom's retiring.

Joel Quenneville doesn't extend his contract.

Michel Therrien's contract comes to an end.

Who of the three is more suited for the Montréal Canadiens ?

Last edited:

rafal majka

Sep 29, 2004

Mike Babcock gets fired, Red Wings being bottom feeders for two consecutive seasons and being unable to compete since Lidstrom's retiring.

Michel Therrien isn't being offered a contract extension.

Depends on which coach would play Bouillon 22 mins a game.

68*

I think they would just ignore the two English coaches and just give the job to Sylvain Lefebvre.

pine*

I think they would just ignore the two English coaches and just give the job to Sylvain Lefebvre.

I would commit harakiri.

But in response to OP's question, it's Mike Babcock AINEFC... if he speaks French.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Considering a Canucks decline is certainly possible, I fail to see why AV wasn't added by the OP.

Geester76

Mar 16, 2007
I could not see how we could pass Babcock. His French must be rusty but he lived how many years in Montreal he must have some basics in French. As we all know us Frenchmen/women like an Englisman/woman who try to speak our language. The guy won a Stanley Cup we have to consider him as an option if he's available. I don't see it happening because of the politic generated by the media in Montreal unless Bergevin can bring back the Bowmans in town.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Michel Therrien's contract comes to an end.

if Therrien can come back, so can Carbo,...

it will likely be Roy or Carbo or Boucher or AV ...when Therrien gets fired...

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
From a pure coaching standpoint, I take Babcock in a heartbeat, but that will never happen.

Q was a guy that I was really hoping to be made available. Once he was out of the question, it became apparent really fast that the coaching pool of candidates was very shallow... and we ended up with MT.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
I think this thread is a little lame but lets state the obvious, Therrien was a terrible choice for a coach. He speaks french lets hire him. Is the usual in Montreal and its sickening. Therrien was a poor coach during his first assignment in Montreal and then he wasn't able to get the eventual Stanley Cup champions to perform and was fired by Pittsburg. So with that resume lets hire him. terrible

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I think this thread is a little lame but lets state the obvious, Therrien was a terrible choice for a coach. He speaks french lets hire him. Is the usual in Montreal and its sickening. Therrien was a poor coach during his first assignment in Montreal and then he wasn't able to get the eventual Stanley Cup champions to perform and was fired by Pittsburg. So with that resume lets hire him. terrible

He also got the Penguins to game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Babcock every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

He's never going to be available though, the Red Wings will probably move him upwards in the organisation the day they decide that it is time for a new coach.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Babcock every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

He's never going to be available though, the Red Wings will probably move him upwards in the organisation the day they decide that it is time for a new coach.

Babcock still holds a connection to Anaheim and could always return there if he left Detroit.

Svart

Live Slow, Die Fat
Jul 5, 2006
Considering a Canucks decline is certainly possible, I fail to see why AV wasn't added by the OP.

Alain Vigneault or Guy Boucher I wouldn't mind.. since the talent pool for french speaking coaches is limited.

Davebo*

I'll take any coach that can speak HOCKEY - and translate it to the players.

Anything else is insecurity in action.

LOL @ Babcock. He will NEVER coach here. Must be a Franco.

See what I mean?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad