Hypothetical: How many games do the 2021 Lakers win in the 2013/2014 Season?

How many games would the 2021 Lakers win in the 2013/2014 Season?

• 55-59 (very strong team, feared in the playoffs)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
This team would be loaded with stars up and down their roster 7-8 years ago as Charles Barkley joked about earlier this year. Seven players have made the all-star team, seven players made All-NBA Teams, and 5 players have made the All-NBA First Team. These are each players stats during the 2013/14 NBA Season

Starting Lineup
PG: LeBron James - 27 PPG, 7 RPG, 6 APG, 0.264 WS/48, 29.3 PER, age 29

SG: Russell Westbrook - 22 PPG, 6 RPG, 7 APG, 0.178 WS/48, 24.7 PER, age 25

SF: Carmelo Anthony - 27 PPG, 8 RPG, 3 APG, 0.172 WS/48, 24.4 PER, age 30

PF: Anthony Davis - 21 PPG, 10 RPG, 2 APG, 3 BPG, 0.212 WS/48, 26.5 PER, age 21

C - Dwight Howard - 18 PPG, 12 RPG, 2 APG, 2 BPG, 0.161 WS/48, 21.3 PER, age 28

Bench
PG: Rajon Rondo - 12 PPG, 6 RPG, 10 APG, 0.108 WS/48, 15.3 PER, age 28

SG: Avery Bradley - 15 PPG, 4 RPG, 1 APG, 0.046 WS/48, 12.7 PER, age 23

SF: Kent Bazemore - 6 PPG, 2 RPG, 1 APG, 0.011 WS/48, 15.8 PER, age 24

PF: Trevor Ariza - 14 PPG, 6 RPG, 3 APG, 0.141 WS/48, 11.2 PER, age 28

C: DeAndre Jordan - 10 PPG, 14 RPG, 1 APG, 3 BPG, 0.186 WS/48, 18.2 PER, age 25

Seven players have made the all-star team, seven players made All-NBA Teams, and 5 players have made the All-NBA First Team. All of them were in the prime of their careers in 2014 with the exception of AD who was very elite at just 21 years old.

The starting lineup itself looks like a team USA Olympic lineup especially when you throw in a very young AD like they did in 2012.

Last edited:

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
I'd like to think a team that scores 172 points a game could go undefeated but I think 80-2 would be realistic.

Since you specifically say the games are being played in 13/14 I think that team breaks the win record and should be the GOAT assuming they are relatively healthy. Put those players in their prime in todays game and it's probably a 60-65 win team.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
The frontcourt loses a lot going from peak Howard and Davis to 2014 versions, Rondo isn't at his best either. Westbrook and Melo is a lot of iso guys to share the ball with Lebron. I think they end up winning in the playoffs due to talent but they don't challenge the regular season wins record.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Keep in mind 3 of the 5 starters were the focal point of their teams offense which helps their numbers.
Correct, and when it comes to Lebron, Melo and Westbrook, their prime versions could only be effective as the focal point. When Westbrook was with Durant, at least Durant's shooting ability made him an off the ball threat. While the Lakers struggles this season are mainly because 2021 is too late to have an early 2010's All Star team, I don't think Lebron and Westbrook would fit together at any point in their careers.

Speaking of Durant, him, Curry and Thompson all being great shooters made them off ball threats, which is how they were a great fit together. Lebron, Westbrook and Melo (to a lesser extent) need to dominate the ball in a halfcourt offense to be effective.

An apt description I saw of this Lakers team is Lebron surrounded by paint clogging bigs and guards who can't shoot, which is a terrible fit for him. Sure their talent would help them overcome some of these poor fit issues, but they'd still persist.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Correct, and when it comes to Lebron, Melo and Westbrook, their prime versions could only be effective as the focal point. When Westbrook was with Durant, at least Durant's shooting ability made him an off the ball threat. While the Lakers struggles this season are mainly because 2021 is too late to have an early 2010's All Star team, I don't think Lebron and Westbrook would fit together at any point in their careers.

Speaking of Durant, him, Curry and Thompson all being great shooters made them off ball threats, which is how they were a great fit together. Lebron, Westbrook and Melo (to a lesser extent) need to dominate the ball in a halfcourt offense to be effective.

An apt description I saw of this Lakers team is Lebron surrounded by paint clogging bigs and guards who can't shoot, which is a terrible fit for him. Sure their talent would help them overcome some of these poor fit issues, but they'd still persist.

It is funny, because most of these guys are people he wanted there :laugh:

Reactions: LightningStorm

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Oh absolutely. I have a favorable view of Lebron in the all time rankings and when comparing him to Jordan, and for lack of supporting cast, it's wrong to hold his first Cavs tenure against him. But you're right, he played GM putting this team together so he has nobody to blame but himself for having a supporting cast that's a poor fit for him.

Reactions: Voight

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
westbrook is 100% lebron and AD's doing

the million shooters they signed in the offseason was simply a knee-jerk reaction to how poorly they shot the ball last season. unfortunately pelinka didn't stop and think about how none of those guys can play defense. and ariza, who was brought in for defense, looks like a shell of himself out there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad