Confirmed with Link: Hynes relieved of his duties, Nasreddine as Interim

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Well, the next couple months will tell you if it was the coach or the players. I hope Coach Hynes and his family the best. They've changed one variable. Let's see what happens.

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario
After refreshing this page countless times over the past few weeks hoping for a “confirmed with link,” it’s finally happened. About damn time!! I’m less than thrilled with Nas getting a promotion (even if it is on an interim basis) but can’t get any worse than Hynes. Shero HAS to nail this next coaching hire or it’s going to set us back even further.

Which is why Ray needs to think outside of the box, avoid any former Penguin and get creative finding this new coach. I don't want to see Dan Bylsma here.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Well, the next couple months will tell you if it was the coach or the players. I hope Coach Hynes and his family the best. They've changed one variable. Let's see what happens.
Not sure how you can tell if it was the players or not when the system will remain the same.

Reactions: nugg

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Lets hope one of Bruce, Julien or Laviolette becomes available. I want an established coach to take this roster to the next level.

Reactions: glenwo2

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
This was the only option. Nas has been the assistant for a while. It’s a crappy situation for him but he gets his shot as a HC. Sometimes all you need is a chance. It’s logical for Shero to wait until the offseason to sign a new Head Coach. There will be more options, more time for a new coach to implement their system, and hopefully more clarity on the roster.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Not sure how you can tell if it was the players or not when the system will remain the same.
You don’t know that, no one does except Nas. Every assistant has his own ideas and not all of them, if any makes it pass the head coach.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well we've finally reached the fireworks factory! Of all things I heard the news on SIRIUS.

I have never understood firing a coach to replace him with one of his assistants. If the assistant knew how to fix the situation, why didn't he open his mouth in the first place and keep the coach from losing his job?

The only time it works out is when the assistant has a certain amount of cache (a la Larry Robinson). But yeah most of the time it's not exactly the ideal solution. At least the bald head was thrown to the lions so things can quiet down for the moment.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
"Peter Horachek was a long-time assistant coach for the Nashville Predators, as well as interim head coach of the Florida Panthers and the Toronto Maple Leafs. He has been a pro scout with the club since 2015."

Reactions: Dialamo

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Sadly Nas is the most experienced option within the system, and that's probably why he gets to run the bench until another option becomes available.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
First move of many. Next up is the Hall trade. That will be done by christmas hopefully. :thumbu:
If this season is lost (which I think it is) it's probably better to wait till the deadline to deal Hall. More teams will have the cap space to afford him as a rental.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
About 3 years too late. Okay, that’s harsh. Was just never a fan of this guy. That said, Nas taking over isn’t ideal but it’s obvious Ray had no other options and was not prepared for this. His ass should be on the hot seat too. How he ever thought to extend Hynes last season I will never know.

BulletTheBlueSky

Feb 25, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
Fitz was down for a while. He must have determined that the players had more interest in what Nas had in mind. IMO it will be suicide for Shero if they continue this horrendous showing. There a lot of hockey left to suffer anymore of what we saw last night. I'm sure the players were chirping in his ear.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
About 3 years too late. Okay, that’s harsh. Was just never a fan of this guy. That said, Nas taking over isn’t ideal but it’s obvious Ray had no other options and was not prepared for this. His ass should be on the hot seat too. How he ever thought to extend Hynes last season I will never know.

I imagine some of that was we played with 1/3 of a roster for large parts of the year.

Made the play-offs the year before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad