Confirmed with Link: Hynes relieved of his duties, Nasreddine as Interim

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

Shero: “I have been consistent in my desire to build something here in New Jersey that earns the respect of teams throughout the league and pride in our fans. That is not where we were heading and for me to tolerate anything less was not acceptable”

Shero press conference with Nas at 5:30pm

Last edited:

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Maybe Nas is actually decent, and Hynes wouldn't let him do what he thought was best. While we may not like it, if this is the case and Nas actually knows what he's doing... I'm not gonna fault a guy for wanting to keep his job (in lieu of stepping down).

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ

Shero: “I have been consistent in my desire to build something here in New Jersey that earns the respect of teams throughout the league and pride in our fans. That is not where we were heading and for me to tolerate anything less was not acceptable”

That was a quote invented by the PR team. Real Shero would have dropped at least five F-bombs in that statement.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth

Damn, that quote from Shero. Seems like a response to the Buffalo broadcast saying it didn't seem like the Devils weren't even trying on the ice

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
"Alain Nasreddine will start in his role for tonight's game versus Vegas. He heads up the staff of Horachek and existing assistants Rick Kowalsky, Mike Grier and goaltending coach, Roland Melanson."

Dammit I read this as exiting, get rid of all these bums!!!

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
still an AHL staff, hope for the best but with Nas getting the promotion it seems like a lateral move.

none of these guys should be promoted, they should be replaced.

Reactions: cris10 and Khione

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
"Alain Nasreddine will start in his role for tonight's game versus Vegas. He heads up the staff of Horachek and existing assistants Rick Kowalsky, Mike Grier and goaltending coach, Roland Melanson."

Dammit I read this as exiting, get rid of all these bums!!!

i want them all gone too but probably canning an entire staff during the season has to be hard to do. hopefully everybody gets fired at the end of the year and this team can start from scratch with all new voices who don't come from pittsburgh,

Reactions: tr83 and JK3

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
still an AHL staff, hope for the best but with Nas getting the promotion it seems like a lateral move.

none of these guys should be promoted, they should be replaced.
It's an interim head coach. AKA not permanent.

Nas will only remain head coach until Shero can find a suitable replacement for John Hynes.

Reactions: OmNomNom

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
He should've been gone after that awful six game stretch to open the season. I'm glad a change was finally made I guess, but after a summer where you go and make the sort of moves Shero made it is baffling to me that he waited until it's probably too late to make this one.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I'm willing to give Nas ten games before judging. Apparently he was a "head coach" in the preseason and we bodied the preseason, so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad