Waived: Hutchinson || Update: Cleared and assigned to the Marlies

The Big Swede13

Sep 2, 2019
I’m not an expert or anything but I think Hutch has had his fair amount of chances. Except for the Boston game, he’s been pretty terrible. I guess Kaskisuo will likely get a shot

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON

Ouch, but ain't that the truth...

Ok, let's just ignore the deflating first goal that trickled in at a barely moving pace, and the juiciest rebound to Dach to get the game started off well.

Its clear when a goalie isn't playing well the team has no confidence on the ice and plays poorly. We saw it with Enroth, we saw it with Sparks, and this year we saw it with Hutch. You clutch your stick tighter, try to be perfect and get in your own head, its an awful feeling knowing that 4 of the first 8 shots might go in every game.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Ideally, it'd be as much, if not more, of a promotion for Kaskisuo than a demotion for Hutchinson. Guess it's the situation right now. We'll see where it leads. Hoping it works out for the best.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
:clap:... try out the Marlie... no harm in that...

and sure Bob has a point... but Hutch is not good... he made basically no big saves ever... when the Leafs needed it.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Agreed, but Domingue was already traded for a conditional 7th

yes but assigned to the AHL, maybe NJ retains and takes the upgrade in picks?

Options around the league on near league min deals:
Oscar Dansk, Tristan Jarry, Alex Stalock, Mackenzie Blackwood, Louis Domingue (salary retained), Adam Werner, Pavel Francouz

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Bob has a bit of a point that the team hasn't played well for him (same with Sparks last year), but that still doesn't excuse bad goaltending. I'm not sure why he's taking such a stand against moving on from such a bad goalie

Maybe he's making a different point i.e., that our defense & team defense isn't very good?

Reactions: coupe93

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
True. McBackup's 4.26 GAA in his three second game of back to back's for Tampa is better than Hutch's 4.44 in his five second game of back to back's.
LOL

Please understand that they don't actually watch hockey. They just whine about it.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Where to start? Hutchinson isn't great, doesn't handle the puck very well. BUT. Blaming the backup goalie is silly. This team sucks on back to back games. The coach seems to feel Ceci is a top pairing defenseman. The forwards care much more about scoring the puck than stopping the puck. And the GM signed really good young players to long term deals. But over paid a bit. Each one of those deals that money could be spent in other places to make the team better. Until everyone in the organization takes accountability. This team will look pretty, score pretty but not win a Cup.

Reactions: baton elevated

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
Bob has a bit of a point that the team hasn't played well for him (same with Sparks last year), but that still doesn't excuse bad goaltending. I'm not sure why he's taking such a stand against moving on from such a bad goalie
I think the point Bob is emphasizing is that it's more of a team defense issue more than a goaltending issue. he has a point....not excusing Hutch's poor performance though.

Reactions: Kurtz

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Hahaha

it's like an HF dream come true.

_

I don't mean come off mean spirited. I wish him all the best. It's hard to be an NHLer even as a backup goalie.

He gave it his best shot.

Reactions: CreeksideStrangler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad