Waived: Hutchinson || Update: Cleared and assigned to the Marlies

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
He's not. Moves will have to be made. It's going to cost at least one of AJ or KK. But wing depth is something that the Leafs can afford.

If I'm Dubas, one team that doesn't get mentioned as having a wealth of goalie depth is the Canucks, who have Markstrom and Thatcher Demko on the big club, with Michael DiPietro lighting up the AHL.

I think our depth up front is overrated and would be against using AJ or Kappy being moved for a backup. Soup, Kerfoot, Moore and Goat all started off strong but it gets harder to score deeper into the season. Thank God Nylander has started to find the back of the net because after Matty and Willie the next highest goal scorers have 5.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He's not. Moves will have to be made. It's going to cost at least one of AJ or KK. But wing depth is something that the Leafs can afford.

If I'm Dubas, one team that doesn't get mentioned as having a wealth of goalie depth is the Canucks, who have Markstrom and Thatcher Demko on the big club, with Michael DiPietro lighting up the AHL.
Babs wont like Petro guaranteed. Small guy who relies on reflexes and a hot temper. Personally I like him.

Reactions: ToneDog and kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I think our depth up front is overrated and would be against using AJ or Kappy being moved for a backup. Soup, Kerfoot, Moore and Goat all started off strong but it gets harder to score deeper into the season. Thank God Nylander has started to find the back of the net because after Matty and Willie the next highest goal scorers have 5.
Overrated or not, I think if you move AJ, you can call up Korshkov and not miss a whole lot.

And you definitely would get more than a backup for AJ or KK. The backup would be an add on to a hockey trade. I'm less comfortable with Marincin being one D injury away from being a regular again.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Overrated or not, I think if you move AJ, you can call up Korshkov and not miss a whole lot.

And you definitely would get more than a backup for AJ or KK. The backup would be an add on to a hockey trade. I'm less comfortable with Marincin being one D injury away from being a regular again.
100% agree

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Talking about the McB we let go up until the McB that signed as a UFA by TB. The one you are referring to is backing up Vasi while the last I heard Sparks and Hutch are in the AHL.

Given the better of his two numbers (36th overall) is almost bang on his career average, then yes, there's a chance of landing a similar backup for cheap. Not the one people remember though.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
For the most part, freedom of speech means that the government cannot go after you for things you say, and even that has tons of limitations related to hate speech, libel, etc.

It does not prevent you from facing consequences for that speech from your peers/job, and it does not prevent people from telling you how stupid and wrong the speech is, while providing evidence for the rest of the peers to see.

People have gotten it into their heads that "freedom of speech" is a shield behind which you can spew ignorance about anything at any time, unimpeded by anyone.
Any idea who Jess Allen is? I just heard of her today.She had an interesting moment of exercising her free speech rights on a show called 'the social' (I think). Check out her take on Cherry being fired and her comment about hockey in general being mostly 'white boys' and 'bullies'....cant wait to see her get her walking papers as a consequence of her stupidity!

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
No they would have had to have him on waivers before noon that day - without knowing who was going to be going on waivers for other teams.

You can't just send a guy down on a moments notice. If the Leafs want to send someone down today, they have to put them on waivers before noon, and the names of those only get released after noon.

Actually, that's not necessary.

Teams are allowed to make a waiver claim even if it would cause the team to have more then 23 players on the active roster. The team must immediately notify the NHL which player is being sent down to the AHL. If the player being sent down requires waivers then the team can temporarily have 24 players on the roster while waiting for the player being assigned to clear or be claimed.

The team does need to have cap space available to make the claim. However the team could have papered Petan to the AHL for a day if necessary to make space since he had already cleared waivers before.

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Babs also said that on the second game the team doesn't have the regular morning skate and it throws off Freddie's routine.
I understand it when the schedule was tight and lots of games but we can not allow pts to slip away like this.
Andy at 60% will still give us a better chance than what we have had at whatever backup is play at 100% and still costing us pts.
The player's need to have confidence that the goalie will make the save! And for two years you can see the player play different for the backups. Wont change until you get a proven vet as a backup.

Some of these back to back games were against Division or Conference rivals.

Those are must win situations. Those are the games maybe Andersen should be playing.

Reactions: qqaz and 29Potvin

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Some of these back to back games were against Division or Conference rivals.

Those are must win situations. Those are the games maybe Andersen should be playing.

If we're paying someone millions of dollars they need to put on their big boy pants and be available when we need them or leave for someone who is. If someone is that weak in their ability to prep or finding a solution, you will never win with them.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Everyone who was in here happy to see Hutch sent packing, it’s early for sure, but having second thoughts yet?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad