Post-Game Talk: Hutch Clutch as "Marlies" Disrespect Habs 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008

Looks like Moore is getting a shot on the third line.

Timashov gonna get a chance too it seems to start the year

Oh, good lord! Can someone tell Marincin to not look and/or talk to Sandin? The last thing we need is him getting all "Marincin-ey."

Really intrigued by the 3rd/4th line. I've always liked Timashov.

FriendlyGiant

Jul 28, 2006
I think this game is a lost opportunity to really gauge the players who have a realistic chance of playing on the Leafs this year. We're around the midpoint of preseason, and the only forwards in that group that have a chance are Agostino and Petan. All the other forwards should have already been assigned to the Marlies.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Doesn't hit.. yet somehow had more hits/60 than any other forward on the team last year, and was second in absolute hits. hmmm
OK, I'll concede if those are the stats but he sure doesn't look like he plays a physical game for someone his size. I don't think he intimidates anyone.
RAther see Marchment on the wing - he's got some hands at least.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
OK, I'll concede if those are the stats but he sure doesn't look like he plays a physical game for someone his size. I don't think he intimidates anyone.
RAther see Marchment on the wing - he's got some hands at least.

No, not an intimidating guy, just effective. He rubs people out, separates them from the puck, and stops other teams from scoring. He's likely the C, not the Winger. Goat is on his way to being a very effective, cheap 4C... and a good one... except with no hands for scoring.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Good on Gauthier for having a strong preseason showing. I thought he might be in tough with the addition of forwards who can at least be part time centres. I'd like to think Timashov would clear waivers since he has yet to play in the NHL, but he's also still young enough that a rebuilding team might have jumped at the chance. Don't mind him possibly getting an opportunity to stick here. Moore also looks to have an opportunity to play solid minutes on that third line. He's shown well up to this point and earned that. Agostino, and to a lesser extent Petan, possibly being spares at best is a bit surprising to me.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
No, not an intimidating guy, just effective. He rubs people out, separates them from the puck, and stops other teams from scoring. He's likely the C, not the Winger. Goat is on his way to being a very effective, cheap 4C... and a good one... except with no hands for scoring.

Trust me, it ain't a picnic to have a 240lb forward take you out of the play physically no matter how cleanly it is. I think some fans have not only never been on the ice with this level of speed and strength, they've never even sat near the boards for a pro game. What looks like a courtesy bump 50 feet away definitely isn't up close.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Wow that’s a pretty pitiful roster for tonights game. I wonder if guys like lilj, Schmaltz and Agostino can still delay a roster decision if they play really well.

Anyone but Marincin please ... and Agostino was really starting to win me over this pre season. I’m surprised Babs isn’t more of a fan

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Yikes what a Leafs line-up..

With NFL Monday night football on the ticket, watching this game might take a back seat and a PVR and watch afterwards candidate.

This is a Marlies line-up against Montreal tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: JT AM da real deal

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Basically watching the goalies and Agostino tonight, I don't think the rest of them seem to have a chance.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Seeing Moore moved up makes me happy. Guy is fire on the forecheck

They're looking to see whether Timashov can provide something close to what Moore brought to his Spezza-Gauthier linemates. He might be able to deliver a less fleet version of that.

The issue with Moore up in the lineup will probably be the same issue fans have had with Hyman and Brown: the high tempo of the Leafs' best talent can be challenging to keep up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad