HUT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
This mode is a JOKE. PURE JOKE.

Ice tilt is in full-effect in this game. Just played one for my brother where I outshot the massively and he still scores on ******** plays.

Two cross-creases while I'm using vision control and looking at the passer; but the pass goes right past me like I didn't even see it there. The third goal was a poked shot from the point that somehow wasn't poked by EA's standards and goes right into his goalie's chest and drops back in.

TOA was 5:1 in my favor and shots where 4:1. All his shots were, were blue line and in. That's it. I had three 2 on none and the goalie made some insane saves.

I doubt I'll ever play this mode online now. I see no benefit. The dude was able to literally trip me up on 3 breakaways and got away with it. It's evident that the ice tilt exists (this dude literally never deked. He went in straight lines into the zone) and it's pathetic that it exists.

Who cares if you want casual players to have a chance. If you suck, you suck. The fact that they have to make sure everyone wins is just sad. Now I know why I only play EASHL online.

Cry me a river... Best player wins 9/10 times. "Dude never deked" is proof there is ice tilt? :shakehead

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
Got bored of searching through the market and bought 5 Premium Golds, most valuable card I got was a 15 duration, lol. Anyway that was the rest of my pucks pretty much so here's how the team should be looking for a while:

Landeskog (A) - Kadri (C) - Burns
Ladd - Laich - Wheeler
Kulemin - Bolland - Clarkson (A)
Bozak - McClement - Mclaren

Hamhuis - Bogosian
Yandle - E. Johnson
N. Schultz - J. Schultz

Bernier
Bishop

Was considering switching Laich out for someone else but then he's been averaging a goal per game over my last few games so he gets to stay for a bit.

Licklas Nidstrom

Jul 2, 2009
Some Computer
Getting into HUT for the first time since it was a new mode for the NHL series...enjoying it so far. Haven't bought any packs with cash yet (and trying to avoid it, but it's getting harder and harder), so my team is kinda ****. Did open two of my pre-order bonus packs already, sporting the following team:

D. Miller - G. Nyquist - D. Cleary
T.J. Galliardi - M. Cullen - D. Paille
A. Bolduc - S. Gomez - Scrub
Scrub - Scrub - Scrub

B. Salvador - J. Carlson
M. Hunwick - H. Tallinder
R. Gudas - M. Barberio (both of the syracuse crunch)

S. Clemmenson
Scrub

Been having injury problems...lost Miller for 9 games, Nyquist for 11 games and most recently Salvador for 11 games, pretty frustrating...anyone else getting injuries this frequently? I'm starting to face teams much better than mine, I need all my NHL'r. Also starting to face some people who piss me off...get a one goal lead then start playing a game of 'try and catch Darren Helm' when they get the puck, or making me watch all the replays of their 4 star team scoring 8 times on my 55 overall scrub backup goalie. Oh well, 17-8-2 overall and in division 7 right now, will make it to 6 tonight.

Really going to try and survive without spending cash...the weekly bonus packs should help with that.

Winger14

Sep 17, 2013
Is there any way to tell the rarity of a jersey while scrolling through the market, just by looking at the borders of the card?

Also is there a reason why we can't select a national team when looking for jerseys/logos? Or is there a way and I'm just not seeing it?

I am enjoying HUT much more this year, and I think I just got a steal. Somebody boosted the hell out of Hackett (99 across the board) and he has 16 duration on him. I can't remember exactly how much I paid but it was in the 2000-2500 range, but to me that's entirely worth it for 16 games of an insane goalie.

Sureshot

Thumbs up, soldier!
Apr 7, 2009
The HUT app is flawed in many respects, but otherwise it's easily the best way to use the AH. So much quicker to navigate around, and it has some different search filters that are really beneficial (like being able to set max price limits to 100, or being able to search for National/Prospects items).

Beanyman101

Mar 4, 2013
London
I'm having fun with HUT so far, although surfing the market is a bit of a slog at the moment. I've flipped a couple of Lindbacks for decent profit, but not really snagged too many bargains.

Anyway, I've just started a new HUT series on my YouTube channel. I'd appreciate any feedback so please give it a watch and let my know your thoughts:

Latz

Sep 24, 2012
Just managed to grab the HUT LIVE Versions of;

M. Richards (89)
D. Brown (87)
D. Backes (88)

Tempted to keep the Richards and Brown to put them as my Top Line, but I also got them for a half decent price and could certainly net some profit from them.

Has anyone used these HUT Live guys yet? Are they worth keeping?

What price did you get them for

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
You guys must spend a TON of time on the market. Takes me like 20-30 minutes just to get to the hour mark.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Played the most infuriating game ever. The guy had 11 PPs, 2 of which were 5 mins, and he barely squeaks out a win in shootout.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Just got paired (for the 3rd time in a row) with some who had a whole roster of NHLers, at least half over 85 who send you flying off nudges and can just skate around you. I'm in division 10, these are my only 3 games played in Seasons, and I have one player over 80.

Why? Another year where I'm punished for trying to earn pucks rather than spending my month's paycheck on them. Sad thing is I've won twice, and lost my last one in OT off a ridiculous shot by Kronwall.

Flyers8

Apr 23, 2013
I sold my Ladd for 17k, Nick Schultz for 1500, and Justin Schultz for 6700. I also just picked up another Justin Schultz for 2500

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Not steals, but I got some good deals today.

McDonagh 30K bid
Hedman 11K bid
Seguin 7K BIN

McD and Hedman are going to be on my final team, but if anyone's interested in Seguin on PS3, let me know.

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
Do any promos exist for Packs such as on weekends like NHL 13? Because Idk if I should wait to buy packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad