HUT Thread ; Part 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsuSpartans

Jan 6, 2014
Court you should have seen all that BS coming, you added Bure into your lineup. The tilt in this game is hilarious, if you don't feel it your either not good or so good at the cheese it doesn't affect you. I'm looking to replace Duchene with Hall.

Domrie

go crazy [PS4]
Jun 18, 2012
Court you should have seen all that BS coming, you added Bure into your lineup. The tilt in this game is hilarious, if you don't feel it your either not good or so good at the cheese it doesn't affect you. I'm looking to replace Duchene with Hall.

The only "tilt" I've ever felt was either my players skating in cement, or there is this 1 in 20 games where my goalies can't save a beachball. But that happens rarely for me. Not scoring? I dont blame that on the tilt.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
The only "tilt" I've ever felt was either my players skating in cement, or there is this 1 in 20 games where my goalies can't save a beachball. But that happens rarely for me. Not scoring? I dont blame that on the tilt.

How about when none of your players are able to receive a pass?

WingedWheel1988

The Captain
Jan 29, 2013
Columbus, OH

This happens to me a lot now that i have players with 90+ overalls..

I get frustrated that my guys cant seem to connect a pass or receive it, it just flutters off of the stick or they miss completely. I feel like this has happened since I have been in the top 2 divisions - I swear I had better looking goals with my 84, 85 overall teams in the lower divisions.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
Certain players have seemingly made my team worse, Bure being one of them. I really don't know what the magical factor is towards your team going brain-dead. My team right now is basically perfect, I feel no "tilt" and I've been winning at about a 90% pace ever since I made some changes, which included swapping out TOTW Hossa, TOTW Seabrook, and Karlsson for Kessel, Byfuglien, and McDonagh. Some people think team salary is a contributing factor, but I have a salary approaching $120 million right now so I doubt that's what does it. Probably some general team rating or something.

I don't chalk up getting shut out to tilt because goalies randomly have huge games in this game. But when my players can't pass, get outskated by mediocre players on the other team, and go offsides every chance they get despite having 100 chemistry, I can't help but think something to do with my team rating is weighing me down.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
This happens to me a lot now that i have players with 90+ overalls..

I get frustrated that my guys cant seem to connect a pass or receive it, it just flutters off of the stick or they miss completely. I feel like this has happened since I have been in the top 2 divisions - I swear I had better looking goals with my 84, 85 overall teams in the lower divisions.

That's why I use mid 80's player in my bottom 6, and on my 3rd pairing

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Certain players have seemingly made my team worse, Bure being one of them. I really don't know what the magical factor is towards your team going brain-dead. My team right now is basically perfect, I feel no "tilt" and I've been winning at about a 90% pace ever since I made some changes, which included swapping out TOTW Hossa, TOTW Seabrook, and Karlsson for Kessel, Byfuglien, and McDonagh. Some people think team salary is a contributing factor, but I have a salary approaching $120 million right now so I doubt that's what does it. Probably some general team rating or something.

I don't chalk up getting shut out to tilt because goalies randomly have huge games in this game. But when my players can't pass, get outskated by mediocre players on the other team, and go offsides every chance they get despite having 100 chemistry, I can't help but think something to do with my team rating is weighing me down.

Last year, I thought it had to be salary-related. I played a lot more this year, with more high salary players and have debunked the salary theory, at least for myself. I started this year and played my first 50-75 games keeping my salary under 75 mil. For the past 200 games, my salary has been 90-105 mil and I play better. In both situations, what DID seem to tilt the scale of weirdness was the number of 90+ OVR players. If I kept them strictly in my top 6 (usually 4 of the 6) and first line defensive pairing, I would be fine, but if I tried using Pietrangelo on my second or third pairing OR having all 6 of my top 6 forwards above 90 then the players would start to feel off. Just no synergy, no one cutting to the net, bouncing the puck like a basketball in the neutral zone when a well-received pass would start a breakaway...and don't even think about adding a 90+ goalie to such a mess.

Not saying any of that is universal, because I think a lot of factors come in to play. This is what I've noticed in my 300+ games this year. After struggling to even get to Division 4 all year, I'm up to Division 2 after finding this lineup to be a keeper, even with the prices of these cards tanking:

Hossa - Datsyuk (C) - Backes (collection card)
Kane - Crosby - Kessel (collection)
Tarasenko (A) - TOTW Draisatl (86 OVR) - TOTW Bickell (collection)
Shaw - Kruger (+2 all) - F. Forsberg

Hedman (A) - Pietrangelo (collection)
Kronwall - TOTW 89 Carlson
McDonaugh - TOTW 89 E. Johnson

Bishop (meh)
Rinne (big meh)

I thought Crosby was awful on my first line. He did nothing for 15 games, but has been almost a PPG player on line 2. Same with Kessel. The guy just didn't do anything for dozens of games, but finally found a spot for him on line 2.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
I've tried Perry, Lindros, Datsyuk all on my top line before and even boosted them, but none of them can score for me like my boosted Nail Yakupov. And I honestly think Buff is the best d-man in the game.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford

I can't remember, are you on xbone?

I am trying to get rid of my Hall

Last edited:

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I think my good team is just plain broken.

Gaborik - Bergeron - Bure
Simmonds - Benn - Voracek
Landeskog - MacK - TOTW Hanzal
Sharp - Vermette - TOTW Bickell

Gio - Piet
Rielly - TOTW Boychuk
Myers - Letang

Roy

I cannot win a game with this lineup.

Melska

Oct 2, 2010
Melska is da GOAT just sayin

Haha thanks! Should help you finish Philly collection and maybe some other collections as well. Just make sure Giroux dishes some nice passes to Jake :handclap:

edit.

also share team, wanna see if any of "my guys" made the team?

Domrie

go crazy [PS4]
Jun 18, 2012

Happens about twice per game from a breakout pass or when I try to cycle and I pass it along the boards and they don't pick it up. But what bugs me more is the pivet turns.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Happens about twice per game from a breakout pass or when I try to cycle and I pass it along the boards and they don't pick it up. But what bugs me more is the pivet turns.

:rant: these are the most annoying damn things ever. and it seems to NEVER happen to the other guy

WingedWheel1988

The Captain
Jan 29, 2013
Columbus, OH
Trying to finish collections before TOTY if possible..

I need help with Chicago, Pit, Washington, and Tampa.. those are the only big ones I have left.

on XBox One--

I am selling Weber and Subban currently, so I would have those pucks plus I have Hall, Kessel, Datsyuk, Parise.. not a ton of collateral but prices seem to be dropping for the big guys..

Any help would be amazing..

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Haha thanks! Should help you finish Philly collection and maybe some other collections as well. Just make sure Giroux dishes some nice passes to Jake :handclap:

edit.

also share team, wanna see if any of "my guys" made the team?

I'm pretty much done the Philly collection since the trade, just waiting on one auction, then I'll be fixing my team.

Giroux will probably displace Kesler as 2nd line C and then Kesler will take Backes' spot on the 2nd line RW. I might try to work Voracek in there, though.

TOTW Hedman has taken the spot on the #1 LD alongside Pietrangelo.

Patches-Bergeron-Pavelski
Parise-Giroux-Kesler
Nyquist-Datsyuk-Hudler (TOTW)
Palat-Couture-Callahan

Hedman (TOTW)-Pietrangelo
Giordano-Letang
Campbell (MS)-Seabrook

Price
Fasth

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
Trying to finish collections before TOTY if possible..

I need help with Chicago, Pit, Washington, and Tampa.. those are the only big ones I have left.

on XBox One--

I am selling Weber and Subban currently, so I would have those pucks plus I have Hall, Kessel, Datsyuk, Parise.. not a ton of collateral but prices seem to be dropping for the big guys..

Any help would be amazing..

I would gladly do some big collection with you if you want.. im at like 750k plus trying to sell my zetterberg i used in my detroit collection. I need Chi, Pitt, NSH, MTL, TB i think thats it..

WingedWheel1988

The Captain
Jan 29, 2013
Columbus, OH
I would gladly do some big collection with you if you want.. im at like 750k plus trying to sell my zetterberg i used in my detroit collection. I need Chi, Pitt, NSH, MTL, TB i think thats it..

Yeah I would be down to do those - I just did Montreal and Nashville 2 nights ago -- selling Subban on the AH today, I doubt he sells but he is up until 7 pm est. Was selling Weber as well, I doubt he has sold since his price has absolutely plummeted in the last week or so.

If they sold I have ~ 360k, I need to sell off Hall and Kessel to get back around 500k.. should be enough combined to do the big ones.

whats your GT? you can add me mine is Epik Sandwich16

canucks22

Feb 12, 2010
Vancouver, BC
I think some players should be a level above "gold", like in Madden they have the best players labelled as "elite" and have a red card. Guys like Patty Kane, Datsyuk, Karlsson, etc. should have those red cards. I dunno I think it would make it more fun and give certain players the value they deserve

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
I think my good team is just plain broken.

Gaborik - Bergeron - Bure
Simmonds - Benn - Voracek
Landeskog - MacK - TOTW Hanzal
Sharp - Vermette - TOTW Bickell

Gio - Piet
Rielly - TOTW Boychuk
Myers - Letang

Roy

I cannot win a game with this lineup.

Does your first line end up on the negative side of +/- much? When I had Kessel or Kane on my first line, they seemed to end up negative a lot because they aren't strong defensively. I was always falling behind early. I switched to having more defensive-minded players on my first line and use lines 2 & 3 as my lines for the snipers and other lower rated players, defensively.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Does your first line end up on the negative side of +/- much? When I had Kessel or Kane on my first line, they seemed to end up negative a lot because they aren't strong defensively. I was always falling behind early. I switched to having more defensive-minded players on my first line and use lines 2 & 3 as my lines for the snipers and other lower rated players, defensively.

You know, I have never really paid attention lol.

DangleSprong

DekesFromAmsterdam
Oct 24, 2013
PEI
I started over in hut and now im 19-1-1

This is my lineup no boosts.

Boedker - Hanzal - Doan
Raymond - Monahan - Hudler
Cobbold - Goulet - Sprong (QMJHL)
Domi - Marner - Ho Sang (OHL)

Yandle - Michalek
Gormley - Stone
Two OHL guys

Hiller
Anyone

I focus heavily on team strategies and defense.

Apr 4, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah I would be down to do those - I just did Montreal and Nashville 2 nights ago -- selling Subban on the AH today, I doubt he sells but he is up until 7 pm est. Was selling Weber as well, I doubt he has sold since his price has absolutely plummeted in the last week or so.

If they sold I have ~ 360k, I need to sell off Hall and Kessel to get back around 500k.. should be enough combined to do the big ones.

whats your GT? you can add me mine is Epik Sandwich16

Same as my name on here.. But ill add you when i get home from work. Im done at 5est.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad