HUT Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

akwok

Nov 23, 2011
Anyone have any recommendations on a Solid goalie for a decent price (preferably 86 Overall +)?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of recommendations, I just did my first collection swap with mhart1 on here or mhart123 on PS3. I got the Avalanche Collection from him, the reward. M's Highly recommended. Smooth, easy and simple.

Also recommended even though most of you know is: RangerGuru (lundqvist30nyr, PS3) FlyingRed752 (FlyingRed527, PS3) and I Trust Gary Bettman (michiga1985, PS3) . ;)

Rinne is the only goalie I've used that doesn't give up crappy goals. I don't have the urge to "upgrade" to anyone else, since better goalies (Price, Quick and Lundqvist) are considerably shorter...

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Rinne is the only goalie I've used that doesn't give up crappy goals. I don't have the urge to "upgrade" to anyone else, since better goalies (Price, Quick and Lundqvist) are considerably shorter...

Yeah. I wouldn't want to go higher then $30k. Was looking at either Lehtonen, Crawford or Niemi SOTW. Might try Lehtonen out, as I see one for $13,950 BIN. But will re-sell ASAP if he ***** the bed.

akwok

Nov 23, 2011
Yeah. I wouldn't want to go higher then $30k. Was looking at either Lehtonen, Crawford or Niemi SOTW. Might try Lehtonen out, as I see one for $13,950 BIN. But will re-sell ASAP if he ***** the bed.

Yeah, goalies are pretty frustrating. Stats don't tell half the story, and the only way to see if they're actually decent is if you try them.

I myself have had really bad luck with Howard and Smith. Before Rinne I used an 86 Schneider, and he was very solid too.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Yeah, goalies are pretty frustrating. Stats don't tell half the story, and the only way to see if they're actually decent is if you try them.

I myself have had really bad luck with Howard and Smith. Before Rinne I used an 86 Schneider, and he was very solid too.

Yeah. To be frank, my best Goalie has actually been my 38 overall Ice Tilt Shielding backup, Truatmann. :laugh:

And that's saying alot, considering Traut's has let in 6+ goals a game.

Smith seams good. I always get shutout by him.

Is Anderson good?

Not at all. He has been absolutely brutal for me.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Any recommendations for around the price range of $30-50k?

To be honest Landeskog.

He's a PWF and was better than pacioretty for me. In that range you listed is like Neal, Kane, Sharp but I don't think it's worth it for those guys.

Skinner and especially LW Voracek I'd take over any of those guys above.

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012
Ps3

Collection (86+ ):
Reds: S. Stamkos, C. Perry, R. Getzlaf, P. Bergeron, B. Marchand, D. Keith, B. Seabrook, J. Toews, M. Duchene, J. Johnson, J. Benn, T. Hall, D. Doughty, P. Subban, S. Weber, J. Tavares, R. Nash, C. Giroux, V. Lecavalier, K. Letang, B. Burns, J. Thornton, J. Bouwmeester
Oranges: E. Staal, P. Sharp, R. McDonagh, J. Pavelski, V. Hedman, M. * Louis, J. Lupul
Greens: H. Sedin, B. Ryan, J. Lupul, V. Fasth, J. Hiller, T. Zajac, P. Statsny, J. Franzen, J. Georges, D. Girardi, Z. Bogosian

Any are for trade. Reds are roster players or locks, so they'll be aboot impossible. Greens have no immediate use to me, so they should be pretty do-able.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
To be honest Landeskog.

He's a PWF and was better than pacioretty for me. In that range you listed is like Neal, Kane, Sharp but I don't think it's worth it for those guys.

Skinner and especially LW Voracek I'd take over any of those guys above.

Neal interests me. I tried Skinner, he only got 3rd/4th line minutes for me. Voracek is intriguing aswell, but I don't know If I'm looking for another Sniper, already have three.

Ampplaca

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto
Neal interests me. I tried Skinner, he only got 3rd/4th line minutes for me. Voracek is intriguing aswell, but I don't know If I'm looking for another Sniper, already have three.

I have neal.. he is on my fourth line and he is ok but nothing special. for an 88 he should have been better

Psyfer

Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
Pavelec has been best goalie for me overall @ 32-14 890 save % doesn't let that many weak goals when boosted at least.

Also Neal is garbage much better options out there,.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC

Voracek can hit people. He's 85chk I think. Only reason he's considered a sniper in the game is his 88sht. He's big too.

Landeskog and Horton have been the most effective PWF's for me.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Voracek can hit people. He's 85chk I think. Only reason he's considered a sniper in the game is his 88sht. He's big too.

Landeskog and Horton have been the most effective PWF's for me.

Ah, yeah. I hate that Ryan is a Sniper and not a Power-Forward, wrecks Chemistry.

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
Once more, FYI collectors, P.K.Subban TOFT card up for trade suggestions. Or you can pay that 300k aswell... :naughty:

antwon44

Sep 16, 2010
Ps3

Collection (86+ ):
Reds: S. Stamkos, C. Perry, R. Getzlaf, P. Bergeron, B. Marchand, D. Keith, B. Seabrook, J. Toews, M. Duchene, J. Johnson, J. Benn, T. Hall, D. Doughty, P. Subban, S. Weber, J. Tavares, R. Nash, C. Giroux, V. Lecavalier, K. Letang, B. Burns, J. Thornton, J. Bouwmeester
Oranges: E. Staal, P. Sharp, R. McDonagh, J. Pavelski, V. Hedman, M. * Louis, J. Lupul
Greens: H. Sedin, B. Ryan, J. Lupul, V. Fasth, J. Hiller, T. Zajac, P. Statsny, J. Franzen, J. Georges, D. Girardi, Z. Bogosian

Any are for trade. Reds are roster players or locks, so they'll be aboot impossible. Greens have no immediate use to me, so they should be pretty do-able.

what would you want for a bobby ryan?

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012
Ah, yeah. I hate that Ryan is a Sniper and not a Power-Forward, wrecks Chemistry.
How so? It's the same concept. PLY - TWF - SNP or PWF. That's the only way to get chem with either of them, I believe :P Actually, I think you can put snipers with grinders and playmakers too. So easier.

what would you want for a bobby ryan?
Depends on what's on the table. I know JCF wants him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad