HUT Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Just bite the bullet and buy Mcgratton outright when he's the last card to collect, then get your pucks, and turn around and sell him for the same price. Win-win

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
Just bite the bullet and buy Mcgratton outright when he's the last card to collect, then get your pucks, and turn around and sell him for the same price. Win-win

Good call. Pretty much what I did with Pinnizotto on Florida.

Winger14

Sep 17, 2013
If I have everyone except Hall for Edmonton, do you think I'd be able to sell off all my guys, do the Phoenix/Florida collection and then going back to Edmonton again?

TheRealDeal18871

Jun 27, 2013
PA
It's amazing how I play well during the season games but I can't get past the first or second round of the playoffs. I've used 4 different goalies in Lindback, Lehner, Bernier, and Markstrom. Markstrom has been the only one that has been good, but all of them get fatigued after a game or two causing me to flip every other game or so.

I'm considering switching to Lehtonen or Dubnyk, has anyone had success with them?

Flyers8

Apr 23, 2013
I got to division 6 and I have had trouble winning games. I ended up selling my team and I got a Pacioretty but I didn't like him so I traded him for Vanek and 10k. I have Vanek up for 40k BIN on Xbox. My team name is Flyers8. Just PM me with trade offers because I won't be home until this afternoon.

My Team

Conacher-Couturier-Read
Cole-Peverley-Alfredsson
Prospal-Cogliano-Silfverberg
Sutter-Dalpe-Staal (Charlotte Checkers line)

Hedman-Bogosian
Yandle-E. Johnson
Streit-L. Schenn

Labarbera
Fuhr (45 overall CHL goalie)

I'm looking to get a Jack Johnson or a Voracek for Vanek

TheRealDeal18871

Jun 27, 2013
PA
Just finished the Islanders collection to go with Calgary, Dallas, Florida, and Phoenix. Thinking of doing Carolina or Winnipeg next.

samsquanch9*

can someone trade me an xbox subban for a reasonable price? Theres only 2 or 3 waay overpriced ones up for like 150k and ill never make that back after the collections. Hes the last player i need for the habs

MattyB79

Feb 26, 2013
Wouldn't it make more sense to break this thread into two thread: one for ps3 and one for xbox?

i prefer it mixed when the general discussion it doesnt matter what system you are on, but the only time the 2 different systems get in the way is for trading.

HaroldDruken

XBOX ONE
Sep 14, 2012
Xbox: Looking for the silver scrubs for Colorado to complete collection. Willing to trade for something and even trade back if necessary.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Bought a pack on a whim, pulled Girodano and Shattenkirk

I reallllly wanna use Shattenkirk but at the same time i have no pucks now lol

FlyingRed752

Sep 26, 2013
Well that was a first....just lost a game 8-1 in which I outshot the other guy 29-9.

EIGHT of NINE shots went IN!

One time his player trucked my goalie and he shot it in and it counted, another time a spin o rama at the faceoff dot where my goalie stood up tight against the post and the weak little back hander went in far side.

I have really enjoyed HUT 14 so far but this game made no sense. In what world does an NHL goalie give up 8 goals on 9 shots, when half the goals weren't even of quality shots?

Still have the Grand Rapids collection completed (PS3).

Last edited:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Agreed. It's incredibly annoying for trading.

Everyone just needs to remember to list whether you have a PS3 or 360 when asking about a trade or player. That's where the confusion all starts and is probably the best way to clarify things without having two separate threads.

Pitboy43

PS4
Dec 2, 2012
Chicago, IL PS4
I know it's still early in the game, but this year alone I've pulled 5 Hut live players. They may not have been the best ones, but they're still HUT live players...

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I pulled two so far, Schenn and Greene (Both of which are underwhelming)

I would kill for a HUT Live Callahan though, he would be the only player to make me give up my mancrush for Vrbata

HaroldDruken

XBOX ONE
Sep 14, 2012
Which goalie plays the best for you guys? I've been using Varlamov (82) and he seems to play so much better than Backstrom (85). Is there a big jump if I buy a guy rated between 86-90?

jbell886

Sep 6, 2009
about to finish my 5th ahl collection

abbotsford
adirondack
albany
charlotte
texas

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Which goalie plays the best for you guys? I've been using Varlamov (82) and he seems to play so much better than Backstrom (85). Is there a big jump if I buy a guy rated between 86-90?

Stick to guys between 80-83

I've been using Nabokov and he's been money (20-2-2, .912%, 1.22 GAA)

Seems like the higher rated goalies always seem to suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad