GDT: Hurricanes vs Toronto: Return of the High Effort GDT

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I find it amusing that there are some Leaf's fans on their board saying "Carolina is not built to win playoff hockey" after this game.

While their sentiment about physicality and toughness might have some merit, I just find it amusing that fans of a team that has won 1 playoff round in the last 10 years are somehow authorities on playoff success for a team that has won at least 1 round every year and made 2 ECF in the last 5 years

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I find it amusing that there are some Leaf's fans on their board saying "Carolina is not built to win playoff hockey" after this game.

While their sentiment about physicality and toughness might have some merit, I just find it amusing that fans of a team that has won 1 playoff round in the last 10 years are somehow authorities on playoff success for a team that has won at least 1 round every year and made 2 ECF in the last 5 years

All they have is their salt.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

I mean they would know.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

My thoughts (in order) watching this video:

1. Oh look, multiple Grade A chances and the puck sitting in the crease and the Canes can’t bury it. Some things never change.
2. God, these uniforms were ugly. Whoever decided the piping on the shoulder was a good look should be shot.
3. Grahame is in net and playing well. This must be the “lost media” the Internet is always talking about.
4. Jeff Hamilton, not Dougie.
5. “Ponikarovsky has his pocket picked!” I’ve watched this game’s highlight before. Possibly multiple times, because that line in particular struck such a wave of nostalgia.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Leaf fans might have a legitimate complaint about the refs. This is the first game in how long? where the Canes had more PP opportunities than their opponent? Clearly the refs were drunk tonight.
Nah the refs were drunk all night shit calls both ways. The one against Guentz in OT was just as trash and the one at the end of the 3rd.

Orlov was tripped but in all honesty should have gotten an embellishment for his swan dive after the trip.

Its was like that the whole game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad