GDT: Hurricanes vs Hawks 4/14/24 5pm Nbc sports Chicago (Final home game)

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Congrats! 2nd last place secured with this,another outclassed Tank night.

Carolina hardly had to work up much sweat ..as tge Hawjsxsimpkly do notvget to lose pucks and clear the zone well.. Carolina kinda trying out there controlling the play and possessing the puck so easily in Hawks d-zone ..PK no match...Carolina made it like both normal and easy ..

Anyway Hawks can now draft no lower than 4th..

Plus the other goid news is that ONLY 2 games remain to this miserable sesson..

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The UC will never have to watch Tinordi, Megna, Raddysh, Entwistle, Blackwell, Zaitsev, both Johnsons and hopefully Soderblom again.
You're a bit too hopeful in this massive overhaul.

The ambition isn't to be good next year still. Who is filling out the 4th lines and ahl tweeter spots? Several of these guys still

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

The ambition isn't to be good next year still. Who is filling out the 4th lines and ahl tweeter spots? Several of these guys still
You’re a real masoschist aren’t you? The goal is not nor should it be to be unbelievably bad.

The goal is improvement defensively, offensively, and not to get outshot by 20 every game. There’s already 9 roster spots accounted for next year. 11 when Reichel and Anderson are re-signed. 12 if we win Celebrini. A guy like Dach could make it as well.

So no, it is actually going to be that kind of overhaul.

Edit: I’m not even including a potential free agent forward like Teuvo either. There isn’t room for these plugs anymore.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Who filksvir out.. sign ufas .Only looking for competence not star saviourscofcwhich there be none i the ufa market...But gotta be more competent vetsvout there than the rancid 8 forwardsand dmen mentioned above.

As for Soda,I do not know of any goalies i the ufa market are worth signing. So Soda probably stays ..

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

The ambition isn't to tank again, either.... None of those useless, cooked veterans, should be back next season.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
You’re a real masoschist aren’t you? The goal is not nor should it be to be unbelievably bad.

The goal is improvement defensively, offensively, and not to get outshot by 20 every game. There’s already 9 roster spots accounted for next year. 11 when Reichel and Anderson are re-signed. 12 if we win Celebrini. A guy like Dach could make it as well.

So no, it is actually going to be that kind of overhaul.
Everytime people act like that, I think back to this poll.

Where adding up votes. 3/4ths of this boards voters wanted to miss the chance to get Bedard...

It's not that I want the team to be bad. It's about long term focus.

And by all signs, Davidson seems to still be following that 3-5 year rebuild plan and not doing some sudden shift in direction, some like you seem to want. I want the team to stick to building up slowly, the Avs, Tampa, or Hawks of old had that more slow build up. Some seem to want quick rushes to a point where you aren't adding enough potential elite talent. Like wanting to be like Toronto/Edmonton/Buffalo...(even Buffalo tried being good as soon as Eichel/Reinhart were there together. They add Kane,Oreilly,Okposo, etc.) If you say don't bring back these bad players.. just to bring back equivalent talent. Sure, so what? It just won't be GOOD players coming with any cap attached

To me, the way to rebuild is not want those bad rush jobs. You mention Celebrini, now that the Hawks are locked to 2nd last, it's better long term possibility to not get Celebrini. That means they can't win the lottery the next 3 years. Maybe they are 5th/6th worse and win it next year or after. Those are better future goals, but that part is unlikely with a what, 5% chance, not worth going on about.

• Haha
Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad