Confirmed with Link: Hurricanes sign Jesper Fast - 2m per/3 years

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I agree.

I doubt they’d sign Fast without having some sort of salary moving deal in their back pocket. Especially considering they may have Fleury and Foegele take them to arbitration.
Gotta be Dzingel, he's going to be easiest to move and was a regular scratch. I'm guessing to start our lines will be something like
Svech - Aho - TT
NN/Foegs - Troch - Nachos
NN/Foegs - Staal - Fast
Ginner - Geek - Marty
Depth tweener & Chicago will pay for it

Unless we can dump Nino and get Hoffman or something and drop Svech to line 2

Good deal, 2 years probably would have been better but pretty low risk move

Reactions: DaveG

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Very nice!
B4F473CA-5FFC-4945-9D12-0AD4607A361E.jpeg

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Deal McGinn, perhaps, then move Martinook to the left?

I also wonder if Foegs may be giving them a bit more trouble re-signing than anticipated since he's arb eligible. Would be on brand for the borg to use that "problem" to fix another one, like goaltending maybe.

Edit: Deadline just passed and it's Foegs, Fleury, Bishop, and Forsling for arbitration.

Last edited:
Reactions: WreckingCrew

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Gotta be Dzingel, he's going to be easiest to move and was a regular scratch. I'm guessing to start our lines will be something like
Svech - Aho - TT
NN/Foegs - Troch - Nachos
NN/Foegs - Staal - Fast
Ginner - Geek - Marty
Depth tweener & Chicago will pay for it

I dunno, I’d rather they move Niederreiter, but have to admit that would be much harder

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Don’t know much about him but seeing that he wore an A on the rangers the past 3 years must mean head a pretty good locker room guy

I don't know any Rangers fans who are happy that he's gone. We were resigned to it, thinking that he was looking for the Hagelin contract at 3 or 4 million per. Much loved in the locker room. Will be a phenomenal "team" guy. He's got some good aspects to his game, but he always plays better than the sum of his parts. You got a really excellent bottom six guy here at an absurdly good price.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You'll always hear about guys who "do the little things" and generally that's Hockeynese for "this guy actually does nothing but I like him."

Jesper Fast is actually that. He contributes a lot of things that go unnoticed and he compliments scorers extremely well.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Why? A lot of contracts are going low value year one simply because of concerns about lower attendance. Normally it would probably be 3-2-1, or 2.5-2-1.5, but without income certainty next season teams absolutely want to limit how much they spend until attendance is back to normal.

On the other hand, the risk of playing a shortened season would mean paying a fraction of this year’s salary, no?

If players end up getting paid half their salary this year, you’d rather “not pay” $1.5m than $.5m.

Seems like it’d primarily be cash flow that prevents you from going 3-2-1 (since it’s $6m total at the end of the day anyway), and with Dundon it doesn’t seem like that’s an issue for us anymore.

Far be it from me to understand the CBA and how any of this works though, I might be mistaken.

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
Wouldn’t it be super low salary in year 1 because the escrow is going to be insanely high percentage due to lower revenue in year 1? so the player will lose less money overall if their salary is lower this upcoming season than in following seasons that will have fans in the stands and higher revenues.

cap may be 81m, but actual revenues will be nowhere near the level needed to translate into a real 81m cap and players keeping their actual salaries... if escrow is 50%, he loses $500k in year 1 based $1m actual salary versus $1.5m if year 1 is 3m actual salary in a 3-2-1 deal structure.. I imagine most of the new contracts being signed are structured this way

looks like a good deal for us and a good piece to add... ideally not great it is 3 years but likely the price to pay to get the AAV at 2m overall...

Reactions: cptjeff and DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
There's a more defensive look to it; it's more 18/19 than 19/20. I wonder if that's intentional or if there's more surgery to be done there, beyond trading Dzingel.
Im a fan of trading Chaisson for Dzingel. Chaisson is big at 6’4, decently physical, front of the net guy, RHS and a PP scorer. One year 2.1 million left with Edmonton.

Reactions: jstaal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad