Hurricanes sign Dvorak (1 year 600K/two-way)

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
well hes obviously gonna push for all he can get, he does have a bit of an upper hand. he played well enough to likely get a job somewhere else, and he knows we need him right now.

Mr America

Sep 19, 2010
www.hockeyfights.com
I was thinking it would be a quick formality to get him signed. What are the odds that he has received an offer from somebody else?

Then again, technically, the roster is still at 23, isn't it?

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
at practice again today, surely there's some cutoff where he's either got to have a deal or has to get lost right? the regular season has technically already started.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
at practice again today, surely there's some cutoff where he's either got to have a deal or has to get lost right? the regular season has technically already started.

Could he theoretically play in a game on a PTO? I know they have X day PTOs in the AHL.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I don't know if there is much that can be done if he wants to practice with us and he allows it. However, both sides must sense that a deal is still close or he likely wouldn't risk injury hurting another potential opportunity. Details must still just be getting hammered out.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Didn't Jason Karmanos handle most of the contract paperwork? They probably can't wake JR up from his naps to get the stuff on paper.

Zezima

Jul 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
With the prolonged negotiation time I was expecting JR to cave to 1mil. Now it looks like it was Dvorak who did the caving :laugh:

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Can't complain about this contract. Not even the biggest detractors can find a way to spin it in a negative light. Legit NHL player with 1,200 games under his belt for basically less than league minimum if it doesn't work out. Fantastic move. He clearly has some games left in him.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
One of the big brightspots closing out the preseason was the penalty kill. If they can keep that up, and not have to use Eric and Semin to do it, that'd be a big positive for the team.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Good with this. Still surprised JR didn't go after Kobasew, who Calgary stole from under his nose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad