Post-Game Talk: Hurricanes @ Rangers 10/16/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Nash, Brass, J Moore as my 3 stars.

One of the best games Moore has ever played for the Rangers.

Agreed. J Moore had a very good game. Even got some 4on4 time.

I really like kevin hayes. He's composed and patient with the puck. He's playing well. Still would like to see Jr Miller on the wing.

Good 2 points but really bad game overall. Lots of passengers tonight.

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
Not sure what I was thinking taking my daughter to her first hockey game this Sunday against the Sharks...in October. Hopefully tonight was some kind of building block and it isn't a repeat of last year.

Probably something to do with a lack of afternoon weekend games this year.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I didn't think we were awful tonight. Certainly not dominant like you might hope, but in AV's system confidence is a huge part of playing fast. Quick decisions, not hesitating--to me that's why Nash stood out so much, as did Hayes, they looked confident. I wasn't really ever very worried about Carolina scoring on us by anything they were doing. It was a boring game certainly, but I thought we were clearly the better team.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Leave Hunwick alone. He's shown he can take an NHL start unlike any other guy potentially at that position.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I didn't think we were awful tonight. Certainly not dominant like you might hope, but in AV's system confidence is a huge part of playing fast. Quick decisions, not hesitating--to me that's why Nash stood out so much, as did Hayes, they looked confident. I wasn't really ever very worried about Carolina scoring on us by anything they were doing. It was a boring game certainly, but I thought we were clearly the better team.

I thought we were fine. Ugly win, yes. Disappointing moments, yes. But if this came in the middle of an 8 game win streak nobody would bat an eye.

People are looking for total domination to cast the doubt away but Rome wasn't built in a day.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Our effort other than Nash and Stempniak pretty much sucked tonight however.

I'll take the points though.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Leave Hunwick alone. He's shown he can take an NHL start unlike any other guy potentially at that position.

I agree at least the man can skate at NHL level.
Jmoore played well. Not betting the farm on him making a trend of it

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Agreed. J Moore had a very good game. Even got some 4on4 time.

I really like kevin hayes. He's composed and patient with the puck. He's playing well. Still would like to see Jr Miller on the wing.

Good 2 points but really bad game overall. Lots of passengers tonight.

I like Hayes too. I wish he'd shoot more though. Gotta assume he was told to shoot more after last game, but he still seemed very hesitant again tonight. Look at Nash. Get close to the net and let them go. Even if they aren't incredibly high percentage shots, make the goalie work and maybe get a rebound.

Championship*

Thank god that game is over and thank god they won and thank god for Ricky

That's all I'm gonna say on that

CDiablo

Jul 18, 2012
Team beat a bottom 5 team that was giving up 4+ goals a game in OT. No one looked particularly bad. A lot of players looked better but again against a bottom 5 team, which isnt much of a measuring stick. Hunwick didnt suck so it looks like he is staying. Onto next game, its going to be a tough one at least we are playing on the back end of a back to back.

The Isles are the only 4-0 team in the league, I am sad.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
What if AV saw the need to sit Duclair for a reason that nobody here caught? I sense a lot of discontent at TOI for Duclair tonight, but maybe it's okay?

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Team beat a bottom 5 team that was giving up 4+ goals a game in OT. No one looked particularly bad. A lot of players looked better but again against a bottom 5 team, which isnt much of a measuring stick. Hunwick didnt suck so it looks like he is staying. Onto next game, its going to be a tough one at least we are playing on the back end of a back to back.

Sounds like a typical Maple Leafs start, and we all know how that ends, every single season.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012

for christsakes its 5 games in. Last year the isles started out good and how did that work out

Championship*

The Rangers needed this game, AV shortened his bench to go with his more experienced players.

Minkus

Strangers
Feb 1, 2014
Houston, TX
once stepan comes back he will be competeing for third line minutes

He was barely out there tonight with Stepan out of the lineup. If he's going to be up here he needs to be playing, otherwise he should go back to Quebec. I guess he sat a lot tonight because AV wanted to play a safe, sound defensive game. But I'm not a fan of leaving him on the bench. I probably would have thrown him in the shootout over Stempniak even.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
J. Moore had an awesome game.

Please don't take Hunwick out, not yet at least.

Zuccarello Awesome*

Kreider Stepan St. Louis
Stempniak Hayes Nash
Duclair Brassard Zuccarello
Hagelin Moore Fast/Glass/Malone

would love to see something like that when Stepan gets back.

Four lines than can score.
Balance.
Hagelin as a 4th liner = DEPTH.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I really want Miller back in next game. He's had a 2 game punishment. Let him give it another go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad