Post-Game Talk: Hurricanes @ Rangers 10/16/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
I'll take the two points even though we didn't play great. If we can beat the Sharks and not get hertl'd we're back on track.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
The zucc brass kreider line must stay intact they were a big reason we walked away with the 2 points

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
They gave up only 1 goal so that's a massive improvement over the previous games. It did happen to be against one of the worst teams in the league, and the Rangers managed to score only 1 goal... but I'll take the small victories right now.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
They gave up only 1 goal so that's a massive improvement over the previous games. It did happen to be against one of the worst teams in the league, and the Rangers managed to score only 1 goal... but I'll take the small victories right now.
maybe carolina gets some credit

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Can't predict the future. Let's see about making the playoffs first.

negro_d.jpg

"Rick Nash might not play as well in the playoffs."

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
Did MSL stop playing center at some small point late in the game or was someone just wishing?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
You take the 2 points any way you can get em but the positive signs were that AV stopped experimenting this game and went with a simpler game plan and actually adjusted mid game.

No more MSL in the middle, Glass was benched, 3 centers used, bench shortened.

Gutted out a win, but hopefully these line up changes continue.

The team finally got pucks in deep and played with pace. Still got too cute here and there, but Hank bailed them out.

Changes for next game:

Hunwick out.
Glass out.

Another center in.
Another defenseman not named Kostka in.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Anyone else thinking that Glass is even failing the eye test? Also, things seemed to turn around when Hayes went up to the first line and we finally stopped this St.Louis nonsense.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Rangers played like garbage but were still able to squeeze out the win. I guess that balances out the Kotska catastrophe last game.

Still, this is really disconcerting the Rangers struggling mightily against one of the worst teams in the league. On top of that, that team not having any of their key guys.

The Hurricanes seemed to get lucky. What I mean is the blocked shots weren't because they were in such great position to block the shot, the puck just happened to hit them. Khudobin played incredibly well. This really should have been a relatively easy 4-1 win even with the way they played, which was not bad, but they weren't really sharp.

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
The Hurricanes seemed to get lucky. What I mean is the blocked shots weren't because they were in such great position to block the shot, the puck just happened to hit them. Khudobin played incredibly well. This really should have been a relatively easy 4-1 win even with the way they played, which was not bad, but they weren't really sharp.

Khudobin made a fair amount of difficult stops, but so has every goalie in all games played so far. The offense has been good barring horendous faceoffs, the D just needs to stop sucking. Tonight was an improvement no doubt.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
You take the 2 points any way you can get em but the positive signs were that AV stopped experimenting this game and went with a simpler game plan and actually adjusted mid game.

No more MSL in the middle, Glass was benched, 3 centers used, bench shortened.

Gutted out a win, but hopefully these line up changes continue.

The team finally got pucks in deep and played with pace. Still got too cute here and there, but Hank bailed them out.

Changes for next game:

Hunwick out.
Glass out.

Another center in.
Another defenseman not named Kostka in.

Why on earth are we taking out Hunwick?

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
An ugly win or not, the team needed a win. Something to build on. A loss to the worst team in the league would have been devastating.

What's the lineup for the next game? Marty needs to be on the wing.

Nash Hayes Marty
Kreider Brass Zucc
Hags Moore Stemp
Malone (??????) Duc

Miller, Lindberg or Mueller???

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
The Rangers no longer have a ferocious forecheck. I guess I will have to get used to that, but it is quite noticeable how that facet has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia