Prospect Info: Hurricanes Prospect Info and Discussion - Part VII - Cliff Pu and other shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Geekie vs Drury to me as Cotton is still a long shot. I need to see Drury more, as all I saw was rookie camp and he looked like a bad skater.

Geekie is pretty awkward looking to me too but he has a good shot and is a strong guy. I could see a bottom six role there, maybe more if he develops well.

Today I’d say:
Geekie
Drury
Cotton

I’d love to be wrong about Drury and flip flop those.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I’d just like to point out that I thought the Canes really should of drafted Ukko Pekka Luukkonen back in 2017 just because I really liked his name and we really needed a goalie. Instead we took Loustairien & Martin in the 2nd round ahead of him. He just had a huge WJC and is having a great season in the OHL this year. If he pans out to be a great goalie I’m going to be so upset, just because I really like the name Ukko Pekka Luukkonen and slightly because we need a long term goalie.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
Nice write up of how Gauthier is improving:

...plus some other Checkers tidbits in there, too.

Edit: To add on to this, I wonder if managements reluctance to meet Ferland's demands are in anyway a result of the improvement they've seen from Julien?

Nicholas Niedzielski is such a great writer and a big asset for Checkers dot com. I keep seeing his pieces on the website. without fail they're really well-written and provide tons of insight and context.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I must say I think Martinook was a fantastic acquisition.
However--
Given the players in Charlotte, the Canes shouldn't need to add any 3rd/4th liners for the next 5-8 years. Foegele, McKegg, Bishop, and Maenalanen are already proving that the Checkers can provide NHLers. With players like Geekie and Roy already in Charlotte plus Mattheos, Luostarinen, and Cotton on the way the pipeline for depth is excellent.
If Necas and one of Kuokkanen, Gauthier, or Saarela can get close to their ceiling, the Canes might be able to fill out those top 2 lines as spockrock mentioned.
The organization is building a winning culture starting in Charlotte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad