Prospect Info: Hurricanes Prospect Discussion & Update (part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Dumoulin's from my hometown. I played with him for a couple games way back in middle school. I was in 8th grade and he came up and practiced with us since he was so good.

Good kid, and I'm glad to see he's done so well. Definitely think he's got the potential to be an NHL'er.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Frederik Andersen was solid last night when the Danish national team beat Slovakia 3-1 in a test game before IHWC. He made 36 saves on 37 shots and specially in the 2nd period, he had some big saves. Furthermore he got an assist on the last goal.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Just another update on Frederik Andersen.
He had a solid game again yesterday in the 3-4 SO win against Slovakia despite Slovakia being clearly the better team. He made 33 saves and couldn't really be blamed any of the goals. He also saved all 3 penalty shots.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Biega, Dumoulin and Welsh all named at NCAA All-Americans. Biega and Dumoulin were first team, Welsh was 2nd team.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Biega, Dumoulin and Welsh all named at NCAA All-Americans. Biega and Dumoulin were first team, Welsh was 2nd team.

Two down, one to go. Oddly quiet on the Biega front.

Levi Vs. Murphy tonight

After tonight's 1G, 1A, plus-2, you'll find Austin Levi right where you'd expect to find him ... second place in OHL defense scoring (just ahead of Ryan Murphy).

aqsw

PM
Dec 11, 2004
Winnipeg
Two down, one to go. Oddly quiet on the Biega front.

After tonight's 1G, 1A, plus-2, you'll find Austin Levi right where you'd expect to find him ... second place in OHL defense scoring (just ahead of Ryan Murphy).

Wow, very impressive. I love the future on the Canes D.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Wow, very impressive. I love the future on the Canes D.

No kiddin'. I'm amazed at how stacked the Canes D prospect pool is turning out to be. Some of these guys will have to be moved just because of the numbers game.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
It's actually somewhat of a good thing, provided there are no issues getting him under contract after his senior season, that we don't have to deal with the log jam at that position for another year. I don't think Dumoulin will need more than a year down there. One in and one out with those two.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
he could be playing himself into an interesting contract situation. why take our low ball offer vs hitting the market if he puts up another great season? i like not having to rush him and having him develop - but hate to even chance losing him. he has developed pretty well.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
he could be playing himself into an interesting contract situation. why take our low ball offer vs hitting the market if he puts up another great season? i like not having to rush him and having him develop - but hate to even chance losing him. he has developed pretty well.

It's possible -- I mean, he's a Harvard guy after all -- that he sees the same thing we see, Pitkanen and Gleason locked up, McBain and Faulk looking like keepers, Harrison playing his way into a full-time job, and Ryan Murphy, Brian Dumoulin, Austin Levi and Mark Alt on the horizon, and he has no desire to get himself into that mess.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
It's possible -- I mean, he's a Harvard guy after all -- that he sees the same thing we see, Pitkanen and Gleason locked up, McBain and Faulk looking like keepers, Harrison playing his way into a full-time job, and Ryan Murphy, Brian Dumoulin, Austin Levi and Mark Alt on the horizon, and he has no desire to get himself into that mess.

I gotta think that JR includes 1 or more of these guys in a trade in the next couple years. Or maybe he trades Biega's rights as part of a package (won't get much in return at this point, but better than nothing if it ends up that way).

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I think someone will be moved eventually, I wouldn't put money on who. As much as I hate it, Mcbain is a possible choice. Jr loves his tied down vets so even if they suck Gleason and Pitts likely aren't going anywhere unless Pitts has to go so a forwards salary is offset. It was good we played well without him. He's a possibility by with murphy, dumo, and the other more fringe d guys where they are Mcbain could go. I think a team without resource issues would probably jettison the journeyman Harrison over the homegrown Mcbain but we need cheap quality help like Harrison.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
of course, the prospects could be moved but if we have 9 NHL ready defensemen it's a good problem to have.. hopefully, that will help with a forward depth via trades.

I don't think anyone can say that we have any top 6 prospects in the system besides maybe Rask.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Not overly concerned about Biega not signing with Carolina. He has been cooperative and even proactive in coming to camps and other such events of his own volition and on his own dime. He doesn't exactly have the chops to create a bidding war over his services like a Justin Shultz. I think we're just used to as fans not having quality prospect depth and the thought that there may not be enough room or opportunity is scary. I mean, if you look at an organization like Detroit it's a given that you're going to spend 2-3 years in Minor Pro before you get your full time chance.

We have a few guys like Bellemore, Roy, Sanguinetti, Rissanen, and Krueger that are outside shots at very best to be impact players in the NHL at this point that we could jettison if icetime was a problem in Charlotte. If these kids are confident in their ability, as they should be as professionals, organizational depth is not a concern for them. And if it is an issue for them, chances are good that they're probably not good enough to earn that spot on merit. See Nash, Riley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad