Confirmed with Link: Hurricanes offer sheet for Kotkaniemi (1 year, 6.1M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Yep. Unless you decide to not QO and make him UFA

Nope. KK signed that deal.

And that's what makes things more tricky with this offer. It's the subsequent year for qualifying him.

If he has a stagnant year, then you can't justify qualifying him next year, and then you lose him for no compensation.

This is a not a cut and dry decision IMO.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Canes Tender Offer Sheet To Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Look Waddell's press release:
"Jesperi Kotkaniemi accepted our offer. He wants to come to Carolina," said Waddell. "He sees the core we've built here and he wants to be a part of that. We're proud, but there's still a waiting period. When you make an offer like that, we saw a vulnerable position. The offer, with the compensation and the core we have, we realized that it was the best chance we had to get the player."

I actually love it!

Bergevin’s quote on Aho word for word, if I recall.

A+ troll. Can’t even be mad. This is hilarious.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
That is a fantastic response… lol
Eye for an eye.

I have no issue with the offer even if its screws us but Carolina being so hurt from the habs using the rules is even sweeter to me.

I mean really, habs offered Aho who is a fantastic player a very reasonable contract.

Carolina being upset about it is actually music to my ears. Insanely sensitive.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
You would turn down 6 million dollars?

Sorry but KK was looking at getting 2-3m in normal circumstances. This contract means he's set for life at 21. Think about it.

He would’ve got a bridge deal around 2-3 million a year for at least 2 years, that’s already “set for life” if you aren’t an idiot.

He put his own team in a really bad spot.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Take the picks and offert sheet Petterson/ trade for Dvorak or eichel

Dvorak is one of the lowest scoring centers 5 on 5 in the league. In Phoenix he gets all kinds of pp time and puts up some points there.

But according to many, he's terri-bad.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Hmmm.

Definitely a 50 50 decision for us here.

Pay him and play the fk out of him at 2C or take the picks? Where would we pick up a replacement from without a drastic overpayment?

I'm leaning towards paying up, but only just and can certainly see grounds for moving on. Still, big boy centres don't grow on trees.....

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
- KK accepted the 20$ bonus signature....
Just for that personally I'd let KK go.

Carolina Cannot afford KK contract. They'll be 1.5 mil over cap
Habs can really either even if they have LTIR Weber it puts them up to the cup pretty much and screws them from making any real moves without giving up some roster to improve the defence.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
LOL AH BEN TABARNAK

WOW, for the rest of my LIFE itll be WAR with carolina, as if i didnt hate them ENOUGH

they force us to pay KK 6 mill instead of 2 point whatever cuz bergevin took too god damn long..

doesnt this also mean KK signed it?

wow disaster.

To be fair Bergevin started it when he offer sheeted Aho.

This is retaliation by the Canes

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
We shoulve offersheeted svechnikov
Mother f***er should we ever of done that

I cant believe the Hurricanes gave me even MORE reason to despise that piece of garbage total joke of a franchise, damn it

Bergevin did this to himself...the ridiculous lowball offer sheet to Aho, and taking f***ing 3 months to sign KK for some REASON

Its a little sad KK signed this thing too but you also cant really blame him when someone offers you litteraly 3 times what you were probably going to make..man... wow
way to ruin the summer Carolina you f***ing losers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad