Hurricanes Lounge XXXV: Now Accepting Sponsorships for Thread Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Just encountered one of the biggest scams I think I’ve ever dealt with at work.

Shipping companies currently have a surplus of empty shipping containers so they won’t give drivers appointments to return them. As a result, no drivers are willing to pick up full containers because they’ll be stuck with the empty after delivering and unable to work.

The shipping companies will charge absurd storage fees for every day your container sits in the port/rail yard. If you do find someone to pick it up, you better return the empty within 7 days or face more fines. Even if they won’t give you an appointment to bring it back! :laugh:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I R Scarred I've just gotten my 5 year bonus.. a new title... :(
Now you can afford a

peter-griffin-butt-scratcher.gif

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Just encountered one of the biggest scams I think I’ve ever dealt with at work.

Shipping companies currently have a surplus of empty shipping containers so they won’t give drivers appointments to return them. As a result, no drivers are willing to pick up full containers because they’ll be stuck with the empty after delivering and unable to work.

The shipping companies will charge absurd storage fees for every day your container sits in the port/rail yard. If you do find someone to pick it up, you better return the empty within 7 days or face more fines. Even if they won’t give you an appointment to bring it back! :laugh:
So are containers dirt cheap now? Could make a badass little shed for my backyard.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
That is one of my favorite Darwin award winners of all time. I can't even blame the guy. The Quest for Vengeance is very real and very respectable.

There used to be a website back in the dial up days. Darwinawards.com. man it was a good read.

Oh man the website is still active and updated. Welp I might be back before game time Wednesday, got some light reading to do lol

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
That’s the thing that confuses me - there’s been a global shortage of them throughout all of covid now suddenly there are so many in Vancouver they won’t even take them back. I don’t get it.
Very interesting.....from everything that I've read there remains a global shipping container shortage. As recently as Oct. 6 according to this article.

Reactions: Tryamw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad