Hurricanes Lounge XXXIV: I've had it with these mother f***ing snakes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I really want to go bowl with the gangsters but I guess I’m just gonna have to go hang out with Donny Osmond instead.
All my action figures are cherry!

But yes *knocks on wood* this has been a "relatively" mild summer so far compared to most years. It's also been drier, far less pop-up thunderstorms than I can remember. Lots of days in the mid-upper 80s, but just 2-3 years ago we were hitting 95F almost daily for 6 straight weeks or something BS like that.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I’ve been on the CT shore for two weeks visiting. It’s been 70’s-low 80’s the majority of the time. Even when it was sunny early on it was low to mid 80’s and breezy. Been here this time of year my whole life and it’s never been like this once. Maybe a day or two but two weeks? We had one normal day I think Friday, that’s it. Today looks like some sun and 75? it’s freaky.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Shit, there's places in Italy that will pay you to move there. If they had the broadband infrastructure and if I knew Italian I'd do it in a f***ing second. Main hold up at this point is the knowing Italian part

Find a nice lady to tutor you :)

Reactions: DaveG

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
I’ve been on the CT shore for two weeks visiting. It’s been 70’s-low 80’s the majority of the time. Even when it was sunny early on it was low to mid 80’s and breezy. Been here this time of year my whole life and it’s never been like this once. Maybe a day or two but two weeks? We had one normal day I think Friday, that’s it. Today looks like some sun and 75? it’s freaky.

70s-low 80's is freaky weather for CT in August? What is it normally?

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I mean, I don't think it got over 100 the whole time, did it? I'll take that over, say, 2015 when it was 100 or more for 2 straight weeks
It hasn't but we haven't had many breaks in it either and the lows have been up... Just an odd summer.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
70s-low 80's is freaky weather for CT in August? What is it normally?
Oh here at the shore it’s in the high 80’s-90’s during the bulk of the day through early to mid August. You spend half the day in the water to cool off. Sweating in bed at night if you can’t get a fan working.

The change into Autumn comes far quicker here than in CO though. I assume humidity related but by the end of August you’re always starting to feel the change creep in and it’s really nice on the beach. Kind of like how this week has been just sunny. Meanwhile in CO you’re roasting in the sun into late October usually. It just takes forever for the change to kick in. I’ll do a trip to the Tetons camping in late September and it’s often hot when you’re in Jackson.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Back to weather talk.... It was eleventy billion degrees today (and will be tomorrow too can't wait) and we had a genuine, southern-style window-rattling overnight thunderstorm last night. That's exceedingly rare for us here in Central Maine (except for "tornado alley" over by Sebago Lake).

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
My family's COVID saga continues, and not in a good way. This disease is brutal.

The weird thing I had not forseen about being in the COVID ward is how eerily quiet it is. Even with all the rooms full and people in hospital beds lining the hallways and stuffed into every nook and cranny....not a peep. No screams of pain or anything like that. Just people slowly dying to the soft beeps and whirrs of machinery.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
My family's COVID saga continues, and not in a good way. This disease is brutal.

The weird thing I had not forseen about being in the COVID ward is how eerily quiet it is. Even with all the rooms full and people in hospital beds lining the hallways and stuffed into every nook and cranny....not a peep. No screams of pain or anything like that. Just people slowly dying to the soft beeps and whirrs of machinery.

So sorry, dude.

I wish I understood why people don't take this more seriously.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

I’m sorry. I hope things turn around for your family.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Back to weather talk.... It was eleventy billion degrees today (and will be tomorrow too can't wait) and we had a genuine, southern-style window-rattling overnight thunderstorm last night. That's exceedingly rare for us here in Central Maine (except for "tornado alley" over by Sebago Lake).

Eleventy billion? Damn thats even worse than Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad