Hurricanes Lounge XXVI: 26 Has a Whole Lotta Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
You saying the TV didn't work brought back a memory. My wife and I were given a gift certificate to a fancy Inn way back when. We picked a beautiful fall weekend and scheduled a nice getaway at this Inn. The gift certificate was enough that it covered everything, accommodations, food, bar, etc.. and still had some left over, but not enough to come back for another stay.

As we were sitting at the bar waiting for dinner, I saw a limo pull up and a groom and bride get out, check in and head to their room. I asked the Innkeeper if the Inn provided complementary champagne for newlyweds and he said they did not. I told him to send a bottle up to their room and put it on my tab, figuring they would appreciate it and it would use up more of the gift certificate.

Well, when I went to check out the next day, I didn't see the champagne so I asked the Inn Keeper about it. He told me he never got to send it up because they checked out shortly after checking in. I was perplexed as this was a very nice Inn and seemed perfect for a wedding night. He said the groom was mad that the Inn did not have a TV in rooms, so he and his bride got into a big fight about it and eventually they checked out and went down the road to the Sheraton, which had TVs. :laugh:

Wonder if they are still married.

Yeesh. There's a B&B we stay at when we go up to Yadkinville to check out the wineries and for years there were no TVs in the rooms and it was a point of pride of the innkeepers (there was WiFi so you could go to winery websites or check out restaurant recommendations, etc., and of course, if you HAD to watch something on Netflix or Hulu there was that option). About two years ago what did they install in all the rooms? TVs. Because enough guests complained about not having them. :shakehead

Reactions: sheriff bart

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
So have any of you signed up for any of the ID theft protection services after this mess? Any recommendations? Is it even worth it?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
So have any of you signed up for any of the ID theft protection services after this mess? Any recommendations? Is it even worth it?

I tried the "free" one from equifax now that they removed that clause. I signed up probably 5 days ago and it said they'd send me an email to complete the registration. 5 days later, no email so can't tell you one way or another. Still a mess.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
equifax was apparently hacked another time almost 5 months earlier than the date they initially disclosed.

also the congressman for the district their headquarters is in introduced legislation designed to limit class-action lawsuits against credit reporting agencies and cap potential damages. this was introduced before the breach was made public (H.R. 2359)

slimy

They're all going to jail for insider trading, a bunch of muck-a-muck's and executives sold stock after news of the hack leaked, but before it was made public.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
There is something just a little funny about a storm named Maria bearing down on Puerto Rico.....

...but I hope everyone stays safe.

Mumble, mumble, blah, blah....something about Jets and Sharks....blah, blah, mumble, mumble..

They're all going to jail for insider trading, a bunch of muck-a-muck's and executives sold stock after news of the hack leaked, but before it was made public.

I'm almost willing to bet that not a soul gets jailed or even charged with anything....

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
That death toll is just shooting up, too. I first heard about it maybe an hour ago and it was at maybe 75 people. Most recent article I looked at had it around 120.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
That particular talk was "West Side Story" talk.....

thatsthejoke.jpg

Dec 30, 2013
I'm almost willing to bet that not a soul gets jailed or even charged with anything....

It doesn't help that there is no statute that explicitly makes insider trading illegal.

Also, Friesen accepted a position at NC State. So if they start taking on injuries you all have your scapegoat

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Fortunately, there will be lots of statutes from which zealous prosecutors can choose. There are probably dozens of Sarbanes-Oxley violations alone. This is gonna be some Enron-level ****.

My guess is they pull down some offensive statue and crush them with it....oh, wait, you said statute....never mind.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Grattis! Are you gonna take her last name and become Þorfinnsdottír or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad