Hurricanes Lounge XXVI: 26 Has a Whole Lotta Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
Hey guys, here's a life point for everyone, definitely find out if you are allergic to bees/yellow jackets/wasps etc. My friend got stung by a yellow jacket while playing golf 2 hours away in Germanton 25 min away from a hospital. She had a severe reaction and had to call an ambulance. Luckily the clubhouse had Benadryl or she could have been in serious trouble. She now has to have an epi pen on her at all times.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Hey guys, here's a life point for everyone, definitely find out if you are allergic to bees/yellow jackets/wasps etc. My friend got stung by a yellow jacket while playing golf 2 hours away in Germanton 25 min away from a hospital. She had a severe reaction and had to call an ambulance. Luckily the clubhouse had Benadryl or she could have been in serious trouble. She now has to have an epi pen on her at all times.

I got attacked about 2 weeks ago, didn't sense anything but yeah point taken. Those little ******** can do some harm. Bees are cool, they at least produce honey, wasps and yellow jackets are *******s.

Wind picking up in areas. Be safe y'all

The wind is the worst, especially with these trees.

Reactions: sheriff bart

raynman

Jan 20, 2013

Had she ever been stung before and not had a reaction?

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
Had she ever been stung before and not had a reaction?

Actually yes. About a month ago she got stung, but didn't have the area swollen till the day after. This time it was immediate and her throat started closing on her as well as hives around her belly. We tried to race her to a urgent care at first, but once she felt trouble breathing, it was game over and had to call an ambulance.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
DJe7s4bUIAAET8o.jpg:large

a year ago

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Since then, Equifax has undergone a comprehensive review of its user-facing security features and implemented a host of improvements, including user-selected PINs and two-factor authentication.

I'm just kidding. It's still a timestamp.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
One of them, can't remember if it's Equifax or Experian, lets you pick your own PIN. Must be Experian based on that tweet.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Yep, just did it 2 days ago (thanks for the links, BBA). Experian is a user created PIN. With TransUnion you have to sign up for an account and create your own PIN (which you need to create/answer security questions to input).

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Man, apparently TransUnion is now making it difficult for people to get to the site to freeze their credit, and instead pushing people hard into their ID theft protection service. You have to go through 5 pages of ******** and convoluted language to do it. ****ing ********.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
"In Possession of Dangerous Crystal Drug!",

knows our tabloid headlines tell us after beloved schager singer, Tango King, ship bartender, reknown homosexualist and Star of Stars was caught driving under the influence of amphetamine.

The nation's in shock, but I'm feeling nothing and I think it's kind of you guys' fault.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
I enjoyed that fight. GGG is a cyborg punching machine. Canelo did better than I expected after I witnessed GGG withstand his initial flurry in first couple of rounds.

a draw feels within the realm of reality but the judge that scored it 118-110 Canelo must not have been grading by round or something. I can't even figure out how you could come up with a score like that.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Any suggestions on a place to stay in Asheville? Planning a long weekend with my wife (and 2 yo) and everything I've seen so far looks too old and rustic (and cheap). Planning to eat well, hit breweries, and maybe catch some music.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
we like to rent cabins when we go. check carolina mornings or airbnb

through carolina mornings we have stayed at cool stream (bachelor party) and villa di orsi (friend trip) and both were great

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Any suggestions on a place to stay in Asheville? Planning a long weekend with my wife (and 2 yo) and everything I've seen so far looks too old and rustic (and cheap). Planning to eat well, hit breweries, and maybe catch some music.

Depends on how much driving you want to do. It's pricey, but my wife and I had a long weekend there a couple years back and stayed at the Aloft. Was perfect for us as walked everywhere we went as we wanted to pretty much stay downtown, hit breweries, restaurants, music venue's, etc.. I think we only took the car out of the parking garage 1 time, when we went to the River Art's district for the day and then the Pisgah Inn for dinner 1 night.

Given you have a 2 year old, that might not be what you are looking for though. I've stayed at the Hampton Inn over off Tunnel Road (because I had points) and I thought it was decent and not high priced. Not walking distance to anything, but definitely a short drive.

I tend to stay away from Biltmore area as it's more crowded at times and our focus is mainly on downtown when we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad