OT: Hurricanes Lounge XX: r/funny edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I am not a boxing fan but I would be more interested in these "fights of the century" that come around every 4 years or so if they were not on Pay-Per-View, or at 11:30 pm EDT. It sounds like it was a hell of a bout though. (or maybe not according to the posters in the thread on page 2)

At least the Kentucky Derby is on NBC, is on late afternoon on Saturday, and is only 2 minutes long.

Last edited:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I'll clarify - the important holidays (Christmas, New Years, my birthday) are good reasons to get together, celebrate, etc.

Who in the blue hell celebrates Cinco de Mayo? Not Mexicans...

Sorority girls as an excuse to get soused on margaritas and Corona, frat boys as an excuse to get soused on tequila and Corona, and Tex-Mex restaurants as an excuse to get rid of their backlog of Corona. From my understanding, Mexicans do celebrate it, but predominantly only in the state of Puebla since it commemorates a victory over the French Empire in the Battle of Puebla that occurred on May 5, 1862. Yes, the Mexicans beat the French. They were regarded as the premiere army in the world at that time - alas I think people were confusing the Second French Empire for the First and Napoleon III for his uncle.

maxresdefault.jpg

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Started a workout routine.

Completed phase 1, cut 2" of my waist and added 3lbs of weight in 3 weeks.

Phase 2 started today. I forgot how lifting heavy whips my ass. Oh well, should look like a monster at the beach. 5'10 218 is my current weight.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Started a workout routine.

Completed phase 1, cut 2" of my waist and added 3lbs of weight in 3 weeks.

Phase 2 started today. I forgot how lifting heavy whips my ass. Oh well, should look like a monster at the beach. 5'10 218 is my current weight.

I essentially do the same thing. have you tried "shocking" your muscles though? A good friend of mine here in Calgary who is an international tae kwon do instructor told me that the best way to build muscle mass is to "shock" them.

ie, instead of doing 3 sets of 10, take your 3 sets of 10 weight, add 33% and do three sets of 5, 7 and 5.

I am currently 6'6", 262 and while I am carrying a bit of fat, I am pretty sure I could bench press a cow.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I essentially do the same thing. have you tried "shocking" your muscles though? A good friend of mine here in Calgary who is an international tae kwon do instructor told me that the best way to build muscle mass is to "shock" them.

ie, instead of doing 3 sets of 10, take your 3 sets of 10 weight, add 33% and do three sets of 5, 7 and 5.

I am currently 6'6", 262 and while I am carrying a bit of fat, I am pretty sure I could bench press a cow.

I'm doing:

Monday:

Squat:
warm up
2x5, 1x5, 1x3,1x2,1x1
Then 3x5 at 80%
Bench:
Warm up
2x5, 1x5, 1x3,1x2,1x1
Then 3x5 @80%
Deadlift
1x5 at 80%

Then Wednesday:
Squat same routine adding 10lbs to the 3x5
Over shoulder press
Same warm up
3x5
Power clean:
Same sets.

Friday same as Monday

Following week swap Routines.

Then on Fridays I add some barbell curls and tricep stuff.

I'm loading creatine now for 2 weeks, then will cut it to a single pre work out.

Off days are cardio, minus Sunday is a off day to recover

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I know it's old but I'm just getting around to watching that Walmart fight that happened in Arizona. That family is hilariously unfazed by everything that comes their way. It's quite amazing and frightening.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I know it's old but I'm just getting around to watching that Walmart fight that happened in Arizona. That family is hilariously unfazed by everything that comes their way. It's quite amazing and frightening.

This is news to me. Gonna have to see the police report.

(and the link for lazy posters to story)

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
This is news to me. Gonna have to see the police report.

(and the link for lazy posters to story)

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...t-man-dead-officer-shot-arizona-brk/25182759/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBLMuxqKkGw

https://youtu.be/Ki-R0d7DIAE?t=18m58s

NSFW. There is a death. The first youtube link it to the actual fight. The second is to a breakdown of the fight by the police. One dude had his arm broken and still continued grabbing and punching at people.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Nick Offerman gives the greatest AMAs known to man.

Q: [W]hen you spoon with Rob Delaney are you ever the little spoon?
A: The spoon has not yet been forged that can hold his stew. One sweet advantage to our couplings is that his body brillo provides a replete exfoliation.

Nah, this one was better:

Q: For what reason would you ever consider becoming a vegan?
A: If I became an ******* of some sort?

Although I enjoyed this one the most:

Q: What's the best part of writing a book?
A: Sincerely, transferring thoughts via written language feels rather like a super-power, or at least smacks of sorcery. Writing ideas or jokes that successfully make the leap to be made manifest in the mind of the reader feels pretty terrific. I am grateful for the opportunity to take a swing at that practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad