OT: Hurricanes Lounge XX: r/funny edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
i need an a on my final to get a c in my class, and i was up all night throwing up (blowing chunks) so this will be interesting.

and by interesting i mean awful.

i am so cold, and feel like death.

i hope i pass the class.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Diamonds Direct was good to me.

I'm farthest along in negotiations with them, but I'm also talking to an independent guy in Wake Forest to see how pricing compares at a shop like that. I believe DD when they say their inventory cost is lower due to their supply chain integration, but I'm hesitant to believe that it translates to the lowest prices in town when they spend so much on overhead. Paying for all that advertising, the prime retail space in Crabtree, and dozens of employees on the sales floor (half of whom don't actually appear to be selling jewelry) has to add up.

The saleswoman has been great to work with, though. I'm sure I'm not the easiest customer she's dealt with, but she's been very patient and informative.

Last edited:

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
So the Orioles and White Sox are postponing tonight's game as well, but will play tomorrow.

The catch: nobody is invited.

This is when you know things have gotten out of hand.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Didn't someone want to learn Klingon?

ZP8OT9i.png

Got that in my email today.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Didn't someone want to learn Klingon?

ZP8OT9i.png

Got that in my email today.

1ba2_rosetta_stone_for_klingon.jpg

Source

I know it's an April Fools joke, but if you're at all familiar w/ thinkgeek, they do Aprils Fools jokes every year and the vast majority of them become actual products soon after. And the fact they probably had to pay Rosetta Stone (which is the marquee of marquee language learning software) to use that image, leads me to believe this one will be a real soon soon enough as well.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
i need an a on my final to get a c in my class, and i was up all night throwing up (blowing chunks) so this will be interesting.

and by interesting i mean awful.

i am so cold, and feel like death.

i hope i pass the class.

That was the same situation for me in Statistics in college way back when (minus the blowing chunks all night). It wasn't so much the material, but the professor was total garbage so I just quit going to class all together. Basically had to go through the entire year's worth of material in about 3 days so I could get an A on the final and a C in the class.

I also had a blind differential equations professor in college. He was 100x better than the Stats professor.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I'm farthest along in negotiations with them, but I'm also talking to an independent guy in Wake Forest to see how pricing compares at a shop like that. I believe DD when they say their inventory cost is lower due to their supply chain integration, but I'm hesitant to believe that it translates to the lowest prices in town when they spend so much on overhead. Paying for all that advertising, the prime retail space in Crabtree, and dozens of employees on the sales floor (half of whom don't actually appear to be selling jewelry) has to add up.

The saleswoman has been great to work with, though. I'm sure I'm not the easiest customer she's dealt with, but she's been very patient and informative.

I've said this before and I'll repeat it. Go for the biggest diamond for the money you want to spend and worry less about how "perfect" it is. I'm not saying go for total garbage as you don't want something that is just plain dull, but diamond sellers want to sell you on how free of defects it is, blah, blah..which is just a way to jack up their profits. What do you hear from others when they look at a woman's engagement ring?

1) "Wow, look at the size of the rock on her hand"

Or

2) "Wow, look how clear and free of inclusions that diamond on her hand is"

I've heard #1 probably a hundred times and heard #2 less than once.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

My wife went with me, I wanted her to have a say in things. Not traditional, but it's not my first marriage either.

They offer beer and champagne while you shop, and treat you great. I went to the one South Park. But I assume it's the same at Crabtree.

But when we was going through the process of selecting diamonds and they brought out different cuts after she selected her setting, it was amazing to look at the diamonds loosely.

I ended up going 1k over budget. Lol. But for the quality we got, can't complain. The diamond is perfect in color and clarity. The ring appraised for triple of what I paid, but that's typical of jewelry.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Today I learned that some women actually don't understand that a guy can sit and think about nothing in particular, sometimes for long periods of time. When guys are asked "What are you thinking about?" and they respond "Nothing", it either means they're literally thinking about nothing or they're thinking about something so nonsensical, women wouldn't want to hear it anyway.

What are you thinking about?"
"How long would it take to ride a horse to Atlanta."

And don't ask a guy to explain their thought process on how they got there either.

"Why?"
"Because if I'm sent back in time to the Civil War, I'd need to keep history intact. So I'd need to help the North win. But I'd also need to earn the trust of the North first, as I can't exactly claim to be a time traveler without being locked up. So I'd probably need to tell them about a big battle or ambush that happens in the Civil War. If I do so, I'll probably become a general. And as a general, I'd need to ride a horse to Atlanta."

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Today I learned that some women actually don't understand that a guy can sit and think about nothing in particular, sometimes for long periods of time. When guys are asked "What are you thinking about?" and they respond "Nothing", it either means they're literally thinking about nothing or they're thinking about something so nonsensical, women wouldn't want to hear it anyway.

And don't ask a guy to explain their thought process on how they got there either.

"Why?"
"Because if I'm sent back in time to the Civil War, I'd need to keep history intact. So I'd need to help the North win. But I'd also need to earn the trust of the North first, as I can't exactly claim to be a time traveler without being locked up. So I'd probably need to tell them about a big battle or ambush that happens in the Civil War. If I do so, I'll probably become a general. And as a general, I'd need to ride a horse to Atlanta."

Yep. Part of the difference between how male/female brains are compartmentalized...or something like that. My mom learned that a while back and was floored by the realization that when we (males) say "nothing", we mean nothing.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Boring few days coming up in terms of sports. Only the NFL draft, the Kentucky Derby, MLB games, NHL Playoff games, IIHF WCs, NBA Playoff games, Mayweather vs. Pacquiao and I'm sure a few other things I missed.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com

"Why?"

yes this was on reddit yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad