Pre-Game Talk: Hurricanes in Ottawa Tonight 7:30 on TSN

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
That's a pretty big extrapolation from one game if I do say so myself.

Pretty big but he has a top 6 skill set and based on watching him in what little NHL action he has hes looked like his top 6 skill set will translate. Ill give him a chance to fail or disprove hes not capable of continually playing up to this standard.

What i'm saying is why should i call him anything less then whats hes appeared to be his whole career and based on how well i think he's played in his very small smaple size. He doesnt look to me like a player who just is lucky... he looks to me like someone who can create. Lets hope he can keep it up. We would of been much better giving him an NHL spot after he looked good in the preseason.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Okay I am watching Karlsson in the dmen point race and obviously Subban since I am in Montreal and all my buddies are Habs fans and I want Karlsson to beat him. I can't believe how many free assists Subban gets. If you have time go watch the assist they gave him tonight vs Detroit. I played pretty good level of hockey in my life and I never had an assist for a play like that, and I swear it's not the 1st time this year he gets some like that.

Who cares I know. I just look at it often cause of a bet !!

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
God bless Andrew Hammond, but he's not an NHL goaltender as we saw tonight. Our lack of organizational depth between the pipes would be a crisis if we were a playoff team - add that to the off-season "to do" list.

BigBush*

Okay I am watching Karlsson in the dmen point race and obviously Subban since I am in Montreal and all my buddies are Habs fans and I want Karlsson to beat him. I can't believe how many free assists Subban gets. If you have time go watch the assist they gave him tonight vs Detroit. I played pretty good level of hockey in my life and I never had an assist for a play like that, and I swear it's not the 1st time this year he gets some like that.

Who cares I know. I just look at it often cause of a bet !!

Can't really comment on Subban, but I've been watching Karlssons point totals closely cus I have him in a pool. He could easily have so many more points, especially recently he could have a lot more assist that keep getting robbed from him.

Lol at that Subban assist on the empty net. He tried to take the puck off Plekanecs stick, and Plekanec was like what the **** are you doing and didn't let Subban have the puck

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Can't really comment on Subban, but I've been watching Karlssons point totals closely cus I have him in a pool. He could easily have so many more points, especially recently he could have a lot more assist that keep getting robbed from him.

Lol at that Subban assist on the empty net. He tried to take the puck off Plekanecs stick, and Plekanec was like what the **** are you doing and didn't let Subban have the puck

Really the king of the empty netter assist, it pisses me off, he gets so many he doesn't deserve.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Scoring chances at ES were 44-18 sens. I'll take this loss over any "stolen" game at this point of season.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Pageau?

Hopefully.

I'd be fine with Puempel too.

Not saying Puempel has been better than Pageau, just saying that since the team is probably going to try to salvage the rest of the season by giving looks to the kids and assessing for next year, we might as well see how his game is translating at the NHL level at the moment.

Give Puempel a few games, and re-assess later.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I'd be fine with Puempel too.

Not saying Puempel has been better than Pageau, just saying that since the team is probably going to try to salvage the rest of the season by giving looks to the kids and assessing for next year, we might as well see how his game is translating at the NHL level at the moment.

Give Puempel a few games, and re-assess later.
I agree, I'd go with Puempel as well. Pageau will be up as soon as Legwand's gone anyway.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Keep Puempel away from the NHL

He's having a rough year due to talent-drain from Bingo to Ottawa

He needs to be rewarded with an NHL game, not given one due to injury

Too many people on here heap praise on Detroit for taking their time with their players yet act like Prince was owed an NHL game or Puempel deserves to be called due to injury

They get called up when they are ready and not before, that's how it's done

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad