GDT: Hurricanes in Ottawa, Sunday 6pm

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
I want an interview from him. Don't care if Bruce does it. I want to hear his dumb voice lie about how dumb he is. He does't deserve to just slink away into the shadows.
Not to be an ass, but I'd like to remind us all about the absolute meltdown that this forum/fanbase was going through at the idea of losing an up-and-comer GM Pierre Dorion after we lost Tim Murray to the Sabres. We were 'leaking' talent if I recall correctly. Same idea with the Mann Brothers - odd, isn't it? In hindsight I mean.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
I love the loss personally. I don’t care that they don’t care. How could anyone continue to get amped in front of this goaltending.

The goalies are absolutely brutal.

Get me the highest pick. Whatever the hell went wrong I want a nice ELC asset coming in for free. Not a 2-3 years away. A player that is a top talent and let’s lose another one.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Worst part of this game was Garrioch saying the big plan for goaltending next season is to 'get Korpisalo back on track'. That's another season down the tubes before it even begins.

They'll probably buy out Forsberg given he's only got a year left on his deal and then try to find a starter

Probably smarter than adding an 8 year buyout cap hit when Forsberg has been just as bad as Korpisalo.

Ideally we'd get rid of both but I don't see that happening.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That's what losing teams do.

Good teams double down on playing even tighter and better defensively.

Goalies suck sure but this team needs to get way better defensively. Felt like Carolina was on the power play even at ES with the ease they were moving puck.
We were moving the puck with some ease in the second period lol.

We held them to a perimeter shot and then a slap shot from the blue line which was a last ditch effort by their d man to get a shot off. Both beat our goalie clean.

Not to be an ass, but I'd like to remind us all about the absolute meltdown that this forum/fanbase was going through at the idea of losing an up-and-comer GM Pierre Dorion after we lost Tim Murray to the Sabres. We were 'leaking' talent if I recall correctly. Same idea with the Mann Brothers - odd, isn't it? In hindsight I mean.
That was nearly a decade ago.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I cannot imagine these NHL-caliber players going out there every game having that sinking feeling that either of the goaltenders is going to sabotage their team's win....heck, my 16yr old son goes on a rant in the car about their goaltender always mucking up their game win. Imagine an NHLer feeling that game in and game out. We have a really serious problem.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
That's what losing teams do.

Good teams double down on playing even tighter and better defensively.

Goalies suck sure but this team needs to get way better defensively. Felt like Carolina was on the power play even at ES with the ease they were moving puck.
You ever played hockey?

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Anyone that has ever played hockey knows that horrible sinking feeling of the goalie not being good enough. Nothing you or your team does will matter. The first muffin shot from any angle is probably going to go in. It just sucks all the joy out of the game. Guys on the other team start to feel bad for you. Lol.
And then it's awkward because everyone in the room wants to complain about how bad the goalie is but everyone is too polite to tell the truth.
This is where the Senators find themselves most nights this year. It's just a crappy feeling.
Its really hard to play confident hockey when you know every mistake you make likely ends up in the back of the net. Hell its hard to play well at all when any shot can go in. As a fan its so stressful haha, literally every shot feels like its going to go in the net. Doesnt matter who is shooting it or from where you know there's a chance. Thats not NHL. Very hard to evaluate a roster in this instance.

You ever played hockey?
Clearly he has not.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Sens play hockey like it’s their 2nd job

Heck, only Sixteen more games left in the J Martin 2.0 era….. players are waiting until next training camp and their new coach…. Restart all over.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Heck, only Sixteen more games left in the J Martin 2.0 era….. players are waiting until next training camp and their new coach…. Restart all over.

yes, the players don’t like having all the responsibility for winning on them - they liked it better when DJ made excuses for them. If they think a new coach will solve their problems they are dilusional

DJ post game if he was still the coach “back to back, travel, time changes, injuries - late in the season and the guys focus was off because of the trade deadline. Fans here have been wrestle less. This one is on me the coach, 7 goals isn’t an indication of the way we played it’s just how many goals are scored on us. We are right there with the nets teams. We’re bascailly a playoff team with a ton of bad luck”

Reactions: bicboi64

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
They'll probably buy out Forsberg given he's only got a year left on his deal and then try to find a starter

Probably smarter than adding an 8 year buyout cap hit when Forsberg has been just as bad as Korpisalo.

Ideally we'd get rid of both but I don't see that happening.
Forsberg has been better than korpisalo though. Look at their records. Both playing for the same team.
Forsberg actually has a winning record. Korpi is far from it.

Reactions: Emrasie

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I hate those f***ing talking heads man.

Goalie plays well we won in a shootout “Sens turning corner? Tonight they really bought in “

Exact same game but the goalie doesn’t stop anything “the makeup of this team needs to change”

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
These guys should count themselves very fortunate that they play in a pretty sedate market like Ottawa. In a lot of other cities they would have been booed off the ice after coughing up that fur ball, and rightly so.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
That game was super tight until the late goal at the end of the 2nd period. These goals tend to hurt a team but Sens were fragile last night.

Very uncharacteristic but Giroux didn't seem to give a crap last night. He was totally responsible on the 1st goal as he didn't even covered well for a pinching Chabot (I'm sure some blamed it on Chabot) and then let Orlov go easily on a breakaway. On that 3rd goal that gave Carolina full momentum, Giroux is gliding, losing his cover easily again. He was literally on the ice for the first 4 goals against and 2 he was directly responsible. Seriously, awful leadership from him last night. I understand it sucks to play without a purpose but they need to build that team, it's as important as it would be to fight for the playoffs.

Overall advanced stats :

Shots : 32-38
Scoring Chances : 29-28
High Danger Chances : 11-9

In the 3rd period only (where the Canes scored 4 goals) :

Shots : 11-16
Scoring Chances : 12-8
High Danger Chances : 5-2

Forsberg wasn't great, coverage was poor in general and Canes made some great plays/shots and were very opportunistic, particularly with these 5 last goals. Score flattered the Canes a bit (Kastelic post and other posts, miraculous stick save on Brannstrom and other close ones)

They didn't deserve to win but this game also didn't look like a 7-2 loss. It was reminiscent to the Rangers game where they made some great plays and converted on most of their chances. Expected goals ended up 3.22 Sens vs 3.08 Canes. The result is a combination of poor goaltending, coverage and execution

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If you can find that replay from the Carolina end, at the top of the circle in the Carolina end Orlov and Chabot are less than 5 feet apart. Orlov gives it. Chabot doesn't. What Chabot did on that play, the lazy rim around the end, not going hard back, was called out by CC in intermission

Imho, it's plays like that that JM refers to when he said you're never going to win in this league if you don't learn to play defence. That goal could have been prevented from the top of the circle in Carolina's end through our blue line by catching Orlov and not giving him the look.

There's no excuse for that play. It's a lazy look
Martin has been here long enough to teach the Fs how to play in their own zone; unfortunately the players are not doing it consistently. I see them watching and not covering a man. We need a tyrant as a coach to cure what ails this bunch.

Reactions: LiseL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad