GDT: Hurricanes @ Flames - Seriously, What the ****

rainband

Oct 7, 2009
Lately I just watch the highlights in "be surprised mode" on dtmts.com (because I cut the cord, and eff no I am not paying Bally's $20/month). Two observations are that 1) Aho is in almost none of the highlights these days, and 2) every single highlight that starts with the opponent passing the puck up the ice seems to be a goal against these days (with one of our Dmen whiffing on a poke check as an opposing forward skates by). It's like watching a different team.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
ouch!

Do you have one for the Edm game?
It hurts the eyes to see this one:

1702047887352.png

Back to back look:
1702047934591.png

1702047976075.png

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Players in a rut:

Aho, TT, KK, Jarvis (it seems the Finns/their adopted brother have checked out this road trip) Pesce, Chatfield, Orlov, Necas

Positive:
Noesen bringing it both games

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Sharks fan checking in - what’s been going on with Burns?

Point totals seem well down for him and he’s current shot rate would see him hit less than 200 shots per 82 game season (something he hasn’t done since 2010-11 season).

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The ability to make a move at the line and drive to the net is not there right now. Maybe he’s playing more conservatively to protect the goalies. He also may showing his age. He’s 38. He can stay in immaculate shape, but father time will still win the skate race.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I think he’s just hurt. I know time can hit at any moment and it’s possible he’s just hit the wall….but I think it would be more gradual. He plays hurt. Frequently I would imagine. I thought we’d heard early on he was fighting something.

We’ve gotten to the point as a team where the regular season doesn’t seem to matter too much, it’s time to prove it when it matters. I think we’re just gonna grit it out all season.

I think we’re better as the team that surprises a little in the playoffs vs being the team that’s on top shrugging off challengers. Let them think we don’t have it this year.

And find a goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad