News Article: Hurricanes Extend Lease at PNC Arena for Five Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
So apparently the 20 year naming rights deal that RBC Centura signed in 2002 expires this year. Have to imagine the team will be able to capitalize a bit more than the $4m per year deal that was signed originally.

Also, a 7 year deal would take us to the 2029-30 season, and I wonder if that's the time frame that we'll either have a full on major renovation of the current arena, or have built something downtown.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Looking at the larges employers in the Triangle, I wonder who the candidates are if it’s someone local:

DUHS and WakeMed are possible sponsors, although WakeMed already sponsors the soccer park.

I don’t see IQVIA (quintiles) or SAS getting into the sponsorship business. Cree, IBM/Red Hat, Cisco, MetLife, BASF, Syngenta, and Lenovo are also options with major Triangle presence.

If we are going outside the Triangle like RBC (and to a lesser extent PNC) then who knows.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Looking at the larges employers in the Triangle, I wonder who the candidates are if it’s someone local:

DUHS and WakeMed are possible sponsors, although WakeMed already sponsors the soccer park.

I don’t see IQVIA (quintiles) or SAS getting into the sponsorship business. Cree, IBM/Red Hat, Cisco, MetLife, BASF, Syngenta, and Lenovo are also options with major Triangle presence.

If we are going outside the Triangle like RBC (and to a lesser extent PNC) then who knows.
Epic games is another possibility.

Team's ascent certainly makes the naming rights more marketable.

Last edited:

skipnjump

Apr 6, 2019
NC
So apparently the 20 year naming rights deal that RBC Centura signed in 2002 expires this year. Have to imagine the team will be able to capitalize a bit more than the $4m per year deal that was signed originally.

Also, a 7 year deal would take us to the 2029-30 season, and I wonder if that's the time frame that we'll either have a full on major renovation of the current arena, or have built something downtown.

Way back in the day, I worked at Centura/RBC Centura when the arena was built and I feel some nostalgia for the original name. I cast another vote for the Krispy Kreme arena :D

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad