Post-Game Talk: Hurricanes at Rangers - December 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Regular season scoring means **** all in the playoffs.

The Kings won two Cups with a bottom of the barrel offense. The Rangers have the best offense in the league and can't score worth a damn in the playoffs.

Possession takes over in the playoffs.

The Rangers team that has the best offense hasn't played a playoff game, yet.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The Rangers team that has the best offense hasn't played a playoff game, yet.

You're missing his point, which is that this Rangers team is only great at scoring, goal differential, and winning games.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
I can't decide which of my favorite team's record is more counterfeit Rangers or Giants. At least the Rangers have blown some teams out.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Doughrook Stoopin' is one of the best in the league at having 3 point games without being noticeably dominant.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I only saw highlights, but 2 pts. on a good 20 min. game - can`t complain about that. :)
Hopefully it gave momentum into next game since we did well in that last period.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
The upcoming schedule is VERY tough. @Islanders @Jets @Blackhawks Vs Devils Vs Blackhawks @Stars @Preds Vs Devils @Penguins Vs Wild Vs Senators

God damn. .500 would be a blessing.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You once said you wouldn't trade Kreider for Hall.

Your point is?
I mean sure Hall has been better to date, and as 1OA he should be.
But we are starting to see truly awesome dominance factor from CK, who has yet to peak.

So, Slats and Gorton?

yeah, them too along with the rest of us --- those to whom this applies, you know who you are

have to think Gorton was the rock here, and Slats at times went back and forth - like Steinbrenner almost trading Jeter/Rivera way back when

wow it is really hard for you to show the proverbial love...

Literally, every trade you have ever posted on this board was insane, it was half our team for half of some other team.
setting aside "literally" there is a fine line between insanity and....

You like one player and then every time he has a good game (after having 1 goal in the last 16) you brag and brag.
you call it bragging
I call it appreciating that mgmt listened to me and others and wasn't stupid in moving him
as to the 1g in 16 games, he is the ONLY physical presence at this level on the club; if he needs a few games to recover from neck/back spasms, he has my blessing.

You seem like a good guy, but posts like this are why people give you a hard time.
to know me is to....
... well it is at least not to hate me:laugh:

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Bern, do you actually think that management listened to you and others with regard to keeping players like Kreider? It seems far more likely they have their own plans and couldn't give a flying fig what you, me or anyone else on this board says....

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Bern, do you actually think that management listened to you and others with regard to keeping players like Kreider? It seems far more likely they have their own plans and couldn't give a flying fig what you, me or anyone else on this board says....

What if bern is really Gorton, and he just comes on here when he's really drunk or high, just to bounce his crazy trade ideas off of us?

Makes you think.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Personally think staal has been worse than girardi all season.. lot at girardi assist tonight super simple play that staal would screw up.. and did the majority of the game

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Anyone else think they should have called goalie interference on the first Rangers goal? Klein crashed into Leighton before he tried to make the goal line save.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Anyone else think they should have called goalie interference on the first Rangers goal? Klein crashed into Leighton before he tried to make the goal line save.

Yes. They should have. But...we got lucky.

So...we kind of scored two goals that probably shouldn't have counted.

Klein interfered with Leighton and probably would have been called off. Skjei was inconclusively offside, but it looked more offside to me.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo... :dunno:

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Not necessarily, but when Puempel is on the ice, Puempel's team shoots more than the other team. That's a fact. It's a fact you can do whatever you want with.

That's good.. and he always seems to be getting good chances.. he reminds me of where miller was early last year

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Regular season scoring means **** all in the playoffs.

The Kings won two Cups with a bottom of the barrel offense. The Rangers have the best offense in the league and can't score worth a damn in the playoffs.

Possession takes over in the playoffs.

This is because the playoffs are much more different than the regular season in the NHL than they are in any other sport/league. I will never understand how or why playoff refereeing is tolerated to the extent it is given how big of an impact it has on how the game is played.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I kind of hate the playoffs. I think winning the President's Trophy is the greatest accomplishment in hockey. Winning the Stanley Cup, particularly in the modern NHL where parity is king, is often an exercise in luck and sheer will. Don't get injured, get some bounces, take advantage of a few calls, lift the Cup.

I'm not saying that you're wrong, I just wish things weren't the way they are. I don't want to watch the Kings or Torts' Rangers for 82 games.

Morten

May 24, 2014
just watching the highlights, I cant be the only one thinking John Giannone is such an awful commentator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad