GDT: Hurricanes at Oilers

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
And I'm sorry, but Brindy has been saying all year the team hasn't been good and nobody seems to be listening. Maybe they have tuned him out.

That's not a fault of his, that's on the Captain and the As.
Staal has been as bad as bad can be this year. We've just been taking for granted that he won't ever contribute offensively, but he's been a defensive liability too this year from most of the advanced stat graphs I've seen. He and his line are just doing nothing but suck up ice time.

Reactions: Tryamw

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
If nothing else please leave Jeff Daniels behind tonight. Guy has no business behind the bench, never has.
Counterpoint:
Carolina Hurricanes on Cup.jpg

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
It is truly a great time to be a Canes fan when the offense sucks, the defense sucks, the PP is awful and the goalies are even worse.

And they’re 14-10-1 and in 2nd place in the division.
Only thing they haven’t tested tonight is the pk

Svech has been awful tonight 1 goal this season isn’t gonna cut it not when he’s relied upon to be one of the top goal scorers

• Haha
Reactions: Tryamw

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham

Svech has been awful tonight 1 goal this season isn’t gonna cut it not when he’s relied upon to be one of the top goal scorers
well hard to committ penalties when you aren't bothering to care.

Reactions: cptjeff

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Staal has been as bad as bad can be this year. We've just been taking for granted that he won't ever contribute offensively, but he's been a defensive liability too this year from most of the advanced stat graphs I've seen. He and his line are just doing nothing but suck up ice time
His line should be the “4th” line. Right now the third and 4th lines aren’t doing anything and that’s a issue the third line needs to be able to chip in with some offence

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I stand corrected but at the same time I've been wanting him gone for awhile. Lousy coach with Charlotte and no one missed him when he left.
I agree that the game has passed him by, but the "and never has" bit bugged me. Guy did play a real role in winning us a Cup.

Also, I never noticed that he's also the last guy on the Pens team right above the Canes. Don't know if that was '91 or '92.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Glad I stopped watching after the 1st period, tough one but I’m not gonna overreact

People should temper their expectations with Svech. Coming off a serious injury it was never realistic or fair to rely upon him at all this year, frankly. Hopefully he’s closer to his usual self come playoff time, but no one should be surprised by his slow start to the year.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
He (Ned) has? Didn't he get sent down to the minors?

Unless I’m mistaken, last game I saw him play was Monday against Philly. I was working the Winnipeg game, but from what the operators for that game were telling me, Pittsburgh was only in that game because of Ned

Anywho, didn’t get shutout. Successful game. Flush this one and hope Calgary treats us better.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Hank “They’ve become very predictable”

Yeah, I said that last game. When we’re “on” our game, teams just hang back and wait for us to make a mistake before converting on their 3rd or 4th shot of the game. When we’re off our game, we get games like this one.

And the only way to change that is either changing players or changing coaches. And neither seem very likely at this point.

Reactions: Tryamw and ndp

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
It's something else every night. The team just isn't good. Our goalies suck and we can't score. Doesn't matter how good the defense is when any crack turns into a goal and every offensive chance turns into a shot to the chest logo
"Not good" = "second in division"

I dreamed about us being this "not good" for years and years.

Burn the tape, on to the next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad