Hurricane Irene forces postponement of NY Rangers Fan Fest

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=587414

Wouldn't that be great if that was the worst hockey-related incident/damage from this storm.

Regarding insurance, I do have to wonder how much NHL organizations carry business liability/coverage to cover losses from such disasters. (I know that my own personal business insurance had an option -- more expense -- on natural disasters/acts of God and "force major" -- civil unrest, etc.)

Guessing the losses incurred might be some cancellation/rescheduling fees for vendors and some (fresh) food losses (concessions), and maybe some extra hours (taking down/putting up stuff).

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=587414

Wouldn't that be great if that was the worst hockey-related incident/damage from this storm.

Regarding insurance, I do have to wonder how much NHL organizations carry business liability/coverage to cover losses from such disasters. (I know that my own personal business insurance had an option -- more expense -- on natural disasters/acts of God and "force major" -- civil unrest, etc.)

Guessing the losses incurred might be some cancellation/rescheduling fees for vendors and some (fresh) food losses (concessions), and maybe some extra hours (taking down/putting up stuff).

That would be great yes :) Hopefully there is no loss of life (apparently already 6 people dead due to the storm in NC/Virgina

I can certainly understand this though, my understanding is NY is pretty much shut down right now (and I think that's what is meant in "Historic" nothing to do with the hurricane itself, but the standstill NY has been brought-closure of airports, subways, busses ect)

Here's hoping NY gets through with minimal damage.

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
I guess fanfest doesn't miniplan holders. I had no idea this event was even going on...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad