Hunter Shinkaruk - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I wouldn't call Shinkaruk mediocre. He already has 20 goals in the AHL and is by far our offensive leader down there. He has top 6 potential.

Gaunce is looking like he'll become a solid bottom 6er in the NHL.
No kidding......geesh kids on pace for 40 goals in the A at 21 after missing basically an entire season for a hip procedure.

I don't know about most people around here but I gained a ridiculous amount of strength between 20-23 and I wasn't using personnel trainers. He has the thing you can't teach....quick accurate hands around the net.....a natural goal scorer.....last I checked their pretty important in today's game.

If he gets dealt it better be for Theodore or like

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
they should be shopped. they're mediocre at best and we need young dmen. I don't see what the problem is here.

As always the key is 'what' they are being shopped for.

Rentals like Ladd or Eriksson? *uuuuuuuuuuuck no.

Similarly aged / developed prospects or young NHLers like Pouliot or Drouin? Absolutely.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
No kidding......geesh kids on pace for 40 goals in the A at 21 after missing basically an entire season for a hip procedure.

I don't know about most people around here but I gained a ridiculous amount of strength between 20-23 and I wasn't using personnel trainers. He has the thing you can't teach....quick accurate hands around the net.....a natural goal scorer.....last I checked their pretty important in today's game.

If he gets dealt it better be for Theodore or like

Exactly - I'd say anyone is probably available for the right price, but if they are thinking of trading Shink, it better be a good return.

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009

Yeah, A string of games with a team that's quit and dispirited should be a good lesson for a rookie.

Something something "winning environment" something something.

Its funny, we heard so much talk about "culture" and "bringing kids into a winning environment" and this just seems like a team that has 0 morale at this point.

I think Shinkaruk should get NHL games based off of his play.... but I am also a guy who from day 1 said I wanted to keep McCann/Virtanen away from this tire fire and send them back to juniors.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
I wouldn't call Shinkaruk mediocre. He already has 20 goals in the AHL and is by far our offensive leader down there. He has top 6 potential.

Gaunce is looking like he'll become a solid bottom 6er in the NHL.

It all depends on what they're shopping them for. I would rather trade for young established dman and draft a star forward to replace Shinkaruk with the Lottery pick.

or if they can somehow upgrade Shinkaruk to Drouin, that would be ok too.

if it's for a rental I'll rage quit.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Good to see so many come around in their opinion on Shinkaruk. Goodness people were pessimistic at this point last year!

Trelane

Feb 12, 2013
Salusa Secundus
Bottom dwellers should not have untouchables. Absolutely nothing wrong with everybody being shopped, especially non elite prospects, which, homer glasses off, includes Gaunce and Shink.

As always, only issues are:
-immediate return
-performance of said return v outgoing assets in the show

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
It all depends on what they're shopping them for. I would rather trade for young established dman and draft a star forward to replace Shinkaruk with the Lottery pick.

So we're probably on the same page then. As sting mentioned above, if we're getting someone like Shea Theodore or Derick Pouliot I don't think anyone has a problem with it. If we're moving them for Yandle or Ladd or Eriksson then we have a big problem.

FuzzyTitus

Dec 17, 2008
Where is that news about Shink and Gaunce getting shopped coming from?

I was listening to 1040 on the way home last night, and all Tony G said was that they have been included in packages over the past year or so. Didn't mention them being actively shopped. Is there other news that I missed?

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Where is that news about Shink and Gaunce getting shopped coming from?

I was listening to 1040 on the way home last night, and all Tony G said was that they have been included in packages over the past year or so. Didn't mention them being actively shopped. Is there other news that I missed?

I didn't hear the interview but it wouldn't surprise me. Botchford says stuff that is clearly spitballing and opinion stuff all the time and all of a sudden around here it quickly turns to fact. These guys are getting the twitter and hf board hockey fan types eating out of the palm of their hands.

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
So we're probably on the same page then. As sting mentioned above, if we're getting someone like Shea Theodore or Derick Pouliot I don't think anyone has a problem with it. If we're moving them for Yandle or Ladd or Eriksson then we have a big problem.

Looks like you and I can agree on something!

I would borderline want to have nothing to do with the team if this happens - and that says a lot for me; this has been my team since I was 2.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Really hope that Jimbo doesn't deal this guy....love his attitude...cockiness, but still willing to suck to up to get better and stronger....Green has really brought this kid along...another long playoff run in Utica would also help...he's exactly on track as a bottom-half, first rounder imo.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Really hope that Jimbo doesn't deal this guy....love his attitude...cockiness, but still willing to suck to up to get better and stronger....Green has really brought this kid along...another long playoff run in Utica would also help...he's exactly on track as a bottom-half, first rounder imo.

Agreed i have a feeling hes gonna be a top end talent in the nhl for DECADES and what is so frustrating about it all is that JB has been trying to trade him so regularly now like come on TL find us a proper GM :facepalm:

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.

That is how I felt about Burke when he traded Umberger for Rucinsky. It is tough being a Canuck fan.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Agreed. He has the drive to get better and the self-confidence to succeed at the NHL level as well. His skating ability and skills are definitely NHL-ready.

Want to see if he has chemistry with Etem at the pro level.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Agreed. He has the drive to get better and the self-confidence to succeed at the NHL level as well. His skating ability and skills are definitely NHL-ready.

Want to see if he has chemistry with Etem at the pro level.

Chemistry with Etem...hmm....Could be quite a line with MCann in the middle, but I'm definitely not on board as long as Vey is centering that line.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
That is how I felt about Burke when he traded Umberger for Rucinsky. It is tough being a Canuck fan.

Ugh, thanks for reminding me. One of the team's worst trades from a complete waste of an asset POV. Not that he became Neely or anything but had a very solid career which he was tracking to the entire time. Damn Burkes stubbornness.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
You aren't some mythical prophet. Every single Canuck fan said that.

#1. Other's aren't as happy with his season as you are - these are opinions and not fact that can't be disputed yet. Calling others stat watchers doesn't make your opinion any stronger.

#2. You should definitely read Stonz post about you missing the point. He's not calling him a bust. Based on historical evidence, the longer you stay in the AHL the less likely you are to making the NHL in an impactful way. Again, Stonz put it very clearly.

#3. Refer to #1. This is a matter of opinion, no one is wrong. Unless you're planning on going with your "I'm always right" Schtick.

Excellent Post

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
4th in the AHL in goals, every player above him is a career AHLer.

Scoring at a .49GPG margin which is higher GPG then Nylander has right now.

Numbers wise he is absolutely killing it.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I would like to call my shot and get a Subban Canuck jersey. He's wearing 7 now, I think he wore 14 in junior. What number will he wear as a Canuck? I might just throw 77 on it. that'd look badass.

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
4th in the AHL in goals, every player above him is a career AHLer.

Scoring at a .49GPG margin which is higher GPG then Nylander has right now.

Numbers wise he is absolutely killing it.

Wow, knew he was having a good year, but didn't know it was quite that good. That's awesome.

I hope he gets a serious look out of camp next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad