Hughes vs Fox

Hughes Vs Fox

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
There's a tired narrative that gets pushed around here that Hughes isn't good defensively and is some offense-only guy but it's a complete fallacy. Hughes is an incredibly special talent and will be one of the very best defensemen of his generation. Fox is great but it's no comparison, regardless of what a few Rangers fans would like to proclaim.

Oh boy...

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
Quinn Hughes by a country mile.
The top young d at the moment is reflected in their scoring for this year , which in order are.
Hughes Makar Dahlin and Heiskanen.
Fox who was drafted a couple of years before Hughes is on a lower tier with the likes of Marino and such.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
The Hughes tire pumping is nearing absurd. Let's give him a couple of seasons to see what he is capable of.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Quinn Hughes should be n2 in redraft after Dahlin, and that is only because Dahlin is overall more complete defenseman.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Quinn Hughes by a country mile.
The top young d at the moment is reflected in their scoring for this year , which in order are.
Hughes Makar Dahlin and Heiskanen.
Fox who was drafted a couple of years before Hughes is on a lower tier with the likes of Marino and such.

The data suggests otherwise. Fox actually was slightly more productive at ES, he just didn't have the PP time Hughes had because he was behind Deangelo.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
The Hughes tire pumping is nearing absurd. Let's give him a couple of seasons to see what he is capable of.
I mean any 20 year old defenceman rookie putting up 53 pts in 68 games while playing good defensively is gonna get attention. I mean, does he have to put 82 pts or more over a full season for you to recognize him?

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
Tough to say, both had great seasons, and it is hard to call one over the other definitely at this point. I have to think Hughes (~2 years younger), has more potential going forward to have a better career, so I voted for him. But either player could do it, both very talented, and I think Fox is criminally underrated in most circles.

Nipsey

Aug 8, 2018
Fox is great but a tier below. Hughes is just special, he'll put up 70+ points and play half the game every year.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Wow this is a tough one. The 20 year old that just played a season at a 64 point pace or the 22 year old that just played at a 49 point pace. I'm very high on Fox, but the ceiling on Hughes is miles ahead.

Reactions: Nabrules

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
The data suggests otherwise. Fox actually was slightly more productive at ES, he just didn't have the PP time Hughes had because he was behind Deangelo.
Projections for Fox are like projections for Jack Hughes, they just didn't happen and Quinn Hughes becomes the 3rd dman to win the rookie scoring race in 80 years is what happened when the regular season was done.
I really like Fox as a player too .

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Projections for Fox are like projections for Jack Hughes, they just didn't happen and Quinn Hughes becomes the 3rd dman to win the rookie scoring race in 80 years is what happened when the regular season was done.
I really like Fox as a player too .
Projections? Fox literally outscored Hughes at even strength, and posted better defensive metrics as well.

Reactions: The S5

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
While I still would take Hughes in a heartbeat, I thought they had a significant age difference but it’s only a year and a half. Both are great young guys to have.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Anybody who choose Adam Fox... DON'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HOCKEY!

It's Quinn Hughes AINEC....

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Anybody who choose Adam Fox... DON'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HOCKEY!

It's Quinn Hughes AINEC....

Anybody who says AINEC proves they don't know anything about hockey.
You should try watching Fox play. It will be educational

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Anybody who says AINEC proves they don't know anything about hockey.
You should try watching Fox play. It will be educational

I'm going to save what your saying and save about WHAT IM SAYING... because i'm ALWAYS right.

Adam Fox is going to be a good top 4 defenseman.
Quinn Hughes is going to be A FRANCHISE DEFENSEMAN.

Franchise vs top 4 defenseman who won?

FRANCHISE AINEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad