Hughes vs Caufield first 22 career games in the NHL, 9 points vs 12 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Take this thread as you please, don't care, i just thought this was interesting.
(due the fact that they were linemates while playing for the USNTDP)

Hughes first 22 career games, 9 points

1 point vs Rangers
1 point vs Canucks
3 points vs Coyotes
1 point vs Flyers
1 point vs Hurricanes
2 points vs Flames

Ice time per game :

15:12 (1 sog))
14:23 (2 sog)
14:34 (0 sog)
15:52 (3 sog)
17:36 (4 sog)
13:09 (2 sog)
13:50 (1 sog)
19:17 (4 sog)
20:19 (1 sog)
17:46 (1 sog)
15:01 (4 sog)
12:35 (1 sog)
14:26 (2 sog)
16:33 (1 sog)
17:14 (3 sog)
18:13 (1 sog)
15:05 (1 sog)
14:55 (1 sog)
13:55 (1 sog)
19:00 (4 sog)

Caufield first 22 career games, 12 points
(7 of them in the play-offs)

1 point vs Senators
1 point vs Leafs
1 point vs Leafs
2 points vs Oilers
1 point vs Leafs
1 point vs Jets
1 point vs Jets
1 point vs Jets
1 point vs Knights
1 point vs Knights
1 point vs Knights

Ice time per game :

15:40 (4 sog)
13:59 (2 sog)
10:59 (3 sog)
11:49 (3 sog)
12:17 (3 sog)
14:46 (3 sog)
15:26 (5 sog)
12:46 (1 sog)
15:37 (2 sog)
16:25 (5 sog)
15:50 (3 sog)
19:33 (1 sog)
16:49 (2 sog)
18:25 (1 sog)
14:25 (1 sog)
14:10 (1 sog)
12:02 (5 sog)
13:01 (6 sog)
17:09 (3 sog)
15:43 (6 sog)
12:24 (1 sog)
17:02 (2 sog)

Hits, blocked shots, give aways, take aways,

Hughes : 5-8-21-15
Caufield : 8-2-12-9

PS. During Hughes rookie season, the schedule was normal,
when Caufield's rookie season been Covid-19 schedule.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Caufield might turn into a good player but he does not really produce much 5vrs5 and he seriously cheats when the puck is in his own end
I think the massive expectations and over the top hype is getting a little carried away

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Caufield might turn into a good player but he does not really produce much 5vrs5 and he seriously cheats when the puck is in his own end
I think the massive expectations and over the top hype is getting a little carried away

He cheats sometimes, he's a goalscorer. He's also caught being the 3rd man back and playing defense often when Toffoli and Suzuki go in deep.

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015
When Caufield played his first NHL game, he was older than Hughes is now. This isn't a particularly meaningful comparison. I'm not even saying he doesn't have a shot at being better than Hughes, but this doesn't really tell you anything about whether that will happen.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
He cheats sometimes, he's a goalscorer. He's also caught being the 3rd man back and playing defense often when Toffoli and Suzuki go in deep.

He has 2 goals in the playoffs and one was on the PP. His cheating makes price's life harder it does not result in goals

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Sure...you've already mentioned the cheating part and haven't added anything new. What about his epic passes? And when he plays back when Toffoli/Suzuki are in deep?

Sure I added something, you gave him a pass on his cheating because he is a goal scorer I just pointed out he is not. He has years to get better and he is a good young player but the attention and hype is way too much.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Sure I added something, you gave him a pass on his cheating because he is a goal scorer I just pointed out he is not. He has years to get better and he is a good young player but the attention and hype is way too much.

He's scoring at a 22g pace in his rookie year. Sorry he's not Ovechkin?

He's getting the looks, it's just a matter of them going in which will come eventually. Goal scorers are hot or cold, he seems to be doing the right thing and making great passing plays even when he's not scoring.

Sure he has just 2 goals in the playoffs, he's playing on the first line against the best of the best teams as well. He's doing fine.

Reactions: viceroy

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
He's scoring at a 22g pace in his rookie year. Sorry he's not Ovechkin?

He's getting the looks, it's just a matter of them going in which will come eventually. Goal scorers are hot or cold, he seems to be doing the right thing and making great passing plays even when he's not scoring.

Sure he has just 2 goals in the playoffs, he's playing on the first line against the best of the best teams as well. He's doing fine.

Gets the best line to play on gets PP time and is on a 22 goal pace while cheating defensively...Now do you understand why it's a little too much hype? I think you are mixing up "too high of expectations and too much hype' with 'sucks ass and should quit'

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
You do realize that 8 of his 12 nhl points have come at 5 on 5?

You do realize 8 points in 22 games is not really a strong pace yes?
Pinto in 12 games got 7 even strength points and sens fans dont have him in the top five of the young players,
hopefully CC turns into a great playe, but every game they add up his world juniors and NCAA +regular season+ playstation goals and tell the audience 'how many' goals he scored this year. It too much

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
This guy sure loves to talk about Hughes. Since everyone was saying Hughes should have been in the AHL last season, shouldn't we compare their stats this season to see which route was better? And even then we are comparing different players with completely different playstyle, one playing for a stanley cup contender and the other for one of the worst teams in regular season.

That said Caufield looks great, I personally had him ranked top5 pre draft. But I'd be very surprised if he ends up being more impactful than Hughes.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
You do realize 8 points in 22 games is not really a strong pace yes?
Pinto in 12 games got 7 even strength points and sens fans dont have him in the top five of the young players,
hopefully CC turns into a great playe, but every game they add up his world juniors and NCAA +regular season+ playstation goals and tell the audience 'how many' goals he scored this year. It too much

Pinto had 6 pts at 5 on 5 (he had an empty net point).
4 of those 6 pts were secondary assists.

Meanwhile Caufield had a primary point (goal or primary assist) on 7 of his 8 five on five points.

The impact they had on their points scored is not even close to the same level.

Hilarious that you say sens fans wouldnt have someone in the top 5 young players if they had the 5 on 5 point pace that Caufield has.

You know that Stutzle guy sens fans are hyped about? He has the same 5 on 5 point pace as Caufield LMAO.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Caufield somehow reminds me of Pasta.
I think habs hit that pick pretty nicely.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Pinto had 6 pts at 5 on 5 (he had an empty net point).
4 of those 6 pts were secondary assists.

Meanwhile Caufield had a primary point (goal or primary assist) on 7 of his 8 five on five points.

The impact they had on their points scored is not even close.

Hilarious that you say sens fans wouldnt have someone in the top 5 young players if they had the 5 on 5 point pace that Caufield has.

You know that Stutzle guy sens fans are hyped about? He has the same 5 on 5 point pace as Caufield LMAO.

Yes jimmy stu ran around like a fool refusing to play defensively for the first 15 games, once they realed him in the points dropped like mad. He was also just drafted and is playing on smaller ice so I would expect him to struggle like he did this year.

HughJazz3dg

Jun 27, 2011
Caufield is awesome, but if you offered Caufield for Hughes I’d turn it down. I’d love to see what Hughes could do with a half decent supporting cast.

Reactions: A Plus

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
This guy sure loves to talk about Hughes. Since everyone was saying Hughes should have been in the AHL last season, shouldn't we compare their stats this season to see which route was better? And even then we are comparing different players with completely different playstyle, one playing for a stanley cup contender and the other for one of the worst teams in regular season.

That said Caufield looks great, I personally had him ranked top5 pre draft. But I'd be very surprised if he ends up being more impactful than Hughes.
Yeah. He already did. And he did it in both the regular season and the playoff. He joined the Habs when the team is falling apart. Scored two OT goals and the Habs made the playoff by a point or two. Colefield is the main contributor for this unexpected run. What has Hughes done?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think the teams that picked Dach, Seider and Zegras are pretty happy with their choices, thank you very much!

Zegras had 13 points (all at ES) in his first 24 NHL games , had 8 points in his last 8 NHL games, and he was on one of the worst offensive teams in the league with a historically bad PP this past season.

So yeah, Ducks fans are pretty happy right now with that pick. Ducks just hired Geoff Ward for their PP, and I think they will land some Top 6 support for Zegras this summer as well.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
"does not really produce much 5vrs5"

10 of his 12 points are even strength.... I mean, could you look any dumber? :dunce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad