Hughes & Subban vs. Kakko & Trouba

Which of these new metro duos would you prefer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Oh, we are now comparing a hall of fame, generational player to Subban? Never change HF.

That's funny, because I would have said the same thing about the hyperbole of suggesting a 30 year old Subban was better "maybe 5 years ago" than a 26 year old Trouba

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Kakko will probably have the better rookie season as he’s much more physically mature than Hughes. Unless Jack bulks up significantly this summer, he’ll have a hard time at first. Hughes will probably be the more valuable player long term as he’s a natural centre. Note: more valuable doesn’t necessarily mean statistically better.

As for Subban and Trouba, I’d give the edge to Subban. Despite a down season, he remains one of the league’s premier defensemen and will have plenty of opportunities to show that again next season in New Jersey. Trouba is still awesome though.

Voted the Devils duo but it’s super close and the poll results reflect that and in the end, it all came down to personal preference.

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
Year ago this would've been easily Subban & Hughes. Right now I have to vote Kakko & Trouba.. 3 years from now, who knows?!

Interesting poll nonetheless. There's certain troublemaker character (also within own locker room) in both Subban and Trouba, while the teenagers seem to be both well-liked team members from what I've heard.

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
I know it goes without saying but I'm gonna say it anyway:

Trouba may not be a Ranger by the end of this season if we are talking about the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad