Hughes & Subban vs. Kakko & Trouba

Which of these new metro duos would you prefer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fear the Wushu

Dec 4, 2013
New Brunswick, NJ
This should go well lol I was all in on Trouba as a Devil fan but Subban is the better defensemen and his cap hit isen't a detriment to the Devils.

Hughes = Kakko at the moment, I honestly preferred Jack due to being a natural center but I wouldn't have been mad if we drafted Kakko either.

So I'll take the NJD combo because Subban is a game changer and Trouba is what he is.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Kakko & Trouba. Hughes is gonna get mangled this season.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
This should go well lol I was all in on Trouba as a Devil fan but Subban is the better defensemen and his cap hit isen't a detriment to the Devils.

Hughes = Kakko at the moment, I honestly preferred Jack due to being a natural center but I wouldn't have been mad if we drafted Kakko either.

So I'll take the NJD combo because Subban is a game changer and Trouba is what he is.

Lol what? Maybe 5 years ago. He's not even a legit top pair defensemen anymore and on the decline while Trouba is a legit top pair dman and in his prime years.

Fear the Wushu

Dec 4, 2013
New Brunswick, NJ
Lol what? Maybe 5 years ago. He's not even a legit top pair defensemen anymore and on the decline while Trouba is a legit top pair dman and in his prime years.

He was a Norris candidate only one year ago and is only 30. I'll chalk last year up to injury over a sharp decline. Trouba is a solid player but he does not have the ability to turn the game on it's head like PK and he certainly can't be the anchor on a top pair like PK can.

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
Acquiring Subban would've made little sense for the Rangers so I went with Kakko/Trouba. Results are close and they rightfully should be

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
The poll is a little vague. Right now, I'd prefer Trouba and Kakko. Once Hughes matures a bit, I might prefer Subban and Hughes. Maybe Hughes comes in as Subban is legitimately declining, in that case it's back to Kakko and Trouba. The bottom line is that both teams have a couple of great players to look forward to!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hughes is better than Kakko and plays the more important position
Subban is better than Trouba

But Kakko and Trouba are younger and will be primed at the same time, depending on Hughes development curve, which could play in my decision depending on the scenario.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Kakko > Hughes
Subban >> Trouba

NJD made a mistake with their pick but got a great deal for Subban.

Rangers will still end up as the better team in the long run

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Subban wins it easely for NJ. Trouba is pretty good, but Subban is great. A truly elite player.
As for Hughes vs Kakko, I'd pick Hughes too, but it's almost a draw IMO.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Now: Devils because Subban is a lot better than Trouba

For the next 5-10 years: Rangers duo because Subban is 30.

I don’t think either team is a Cup contender now, so I’ll take the better duo in five years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad