Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Shouldn't this be under Poster Discussion? :sarcasm:

Always appreciate the work S_C does.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Then I'd like to add thanks to the posters in the 2015 draft thread, for their insight in possible draft selections
I can't name them all, but biturbo and arsmaster instantly come to mind
Have appreciated S_C's posts since I started so thanks everyone !
Mostly those who have made rookies like me feel at home right away

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Alright, let's keep this thread nice, folks.

In keeping with that, y2k deserves some appreciation for his comments on the Sedins, in particular Henrik, of late. It can get lost in the shuffle, and I think he deserves props for saying it. (he lauded Henrik for playing like a beast down the stretch)

Thank you, thank you. :)

not.jpg

Still hoping for that dinner date are ya?

LOL love that picture reaction.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I remember S_C since the years back in CC. Great insightful poster, always good to have around that likes to throw his name as a signature in the end of every one of his posts. Mr. Canucklehead used to do that iirc.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Parroting all the praise given to all the posters who put way more work into this board than I can even fathom.

On a related note, my favorite poster (as far as pure analysis/discussion goes) on these forums is probably MS-- keeps it simple, level-headed, clear, intelligent, and sensible without getting lost in heavy-handed preachy chess-game-like arguments and getting too obsessive/possessive/pompous about statistical proof. Pretty much nails it every time while still sounding like a real person/passionate hockey fan. That balance is how discussion should be, IMO.

Last edited:

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Parroting all the praise given to all the posters who put way more work into this board than I can even fathom.

On a related note, my favorite poster (as far as pure analysis/discussion goes) on these forums is probably MS-- keeps it simple, level-headed, clear, intelligent, and sensible without getting lost in heavy-handed preachy chess-game-like arguments and getting too obsessive/possessive/pompous about statistical proof. Pretty much nails it every time while still sounding like a real person/passionate hockey fan. That balance is how discussion should be, IMO.

Agreed with this. The poster I most try to emulate and fail more often than not. Guy has more patience in his thumb than I can build up in a year.

And yeah all the other names too. There are too many good posters and if I try naming people I'll just miss someone so better not to.

Last edited by a moderator:

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
I echo the sentiments of respect to posters named in this thread, specifically S_C, WTG, MS. These posters truly make the HFVan experience enjoyable.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Since is this turning into something of a poster appreciation thread, I'd like to give a shoutout to opendoor and pitseleh for always crunching the numbers. Can't say enough about the insight from it.

Bleach Clean and Tiranis for their balanced analysis that reconciles the use of statistics together with the eye test.

I always respect MS' take on things for his reasoning and understanding of the game. I find myself agreeing more and more as time goes by and I learn more about hockey.

mossey2325 for goalie insight. Can glean so much understanding on the position from his posts on Lu, Schneids and Lack over the years.

thefeebster (not sure if around anymore) for prospect scouting and those highlight videos!

Verv for his snark and biting sarcasm. :naughty:

Bad Goalie for always answering questions we have about the Comets. Love WTG's gifs - you're a passionate guy. :D

Always look forward to reading orcatown's post-game reports. I don't think I'd be anywhere as into the farm team if it weren't for him.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Thanks to all of those who had such kind words. The thoughts are appreciated.

It's not really work. I enjoy all of your company.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad